Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
In Mariel's car

(Something Borrowed) Unexpected Sympathies
Nov 14, 2014 - Feb 1, 2015

Mariel pauses in front of her convertible. You don't think it looks like rain, do you? She waits to see Heathcliff's reaction to her sssssexy car.

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff was impressed, and whistled approvingly. "This is quite a machine," he says to her, then looks up to see any if impending clouds appear poised to rain on what was beginning to look like his very own parade. He suppresses another smile as he says, "No, I think we're ok. Let's take this top off...I mean, down."

Mariel grins at him. She's starting to actually like Heathcliff, although if she was honest with herself, the lack of ANY other men might have something to do with that. Maybe he just needs a little bit of a personality makeover, she muses. Or maybe he's just typical Nosferatu, and WYSIWYG. Still, she might be able to get some answers as to why the town had seemingly emptied out. AND learn a new trick or two.

So, where's a good place to go for a bite? Since you're not a newcomer here, maybe you can tell me the rules. I don't want to get myself in trouble. She stops, and says, IS there anyone I'd get in trouble with? The town seems pretty empty, but you're here, so maybe there's other people I just haven't met yet? What the heck happened here, anyway?

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff nods slowly. "No one's quite sure what's happened. It looks like every Kindred staying in Sacramento has become ill, and many have yet to recover, as I have. My survival came as a bit of a shock to some, as I'm relatively young around here," he mentions, remembering Arnold's surprise, "but I've always been rather stubborn." He sounds both bemused and mildly embarrassed by this admission.

He appears to look off in the distance, but he's actually checking her out again, from the corner of his eye, and wonders if the sheer volume of animal blood he consumed could cause hallucinations, then dismisses the idle thought, and simply continues to marvel at his luck, which apparently runs bipolar. He keeps answering her questions as he does so.

"So, we recently got a new Prince, too, and I have yet to meet him. But he's survived and holding Court on Saturday. I'll see him then, and you, too, if you plan on sticking around. As far as rules go- no police, no firefighters, no EMTs, and no hospital employees." This last one was the reason the Prince could count on Heathcliff's unwavering support. So long as the Prince kept this law, his ex-wife was safe from his own kind, and his daughter could still have a normal life.

"There's plenty of criminals, thugs, bums, and prostitutes in this city, but you don't strike me as the type of woman who gets her hands dirty," he says, while hoping that he was very, very wrong. "Or we could get a hotel room and order room service, and after you've eaten, we can begin your lessons." He pauses a moment before adding, "Of the Discipline of Obfuscation, of course."

What the hell has gotten into me tonight?

Mariel can't believe her luck! Heathcliff was really going to teach her! YAY, ME! she thought happily. Another thought struck her...if she continued working her way through all the disciplines the stray geeky vamps could teach her, she could TOTALLY kick Circe's ass. I think I could grow to love this place! Shit, it's true, God DOES work in mysterious ways!!!

Mariel couldn't contain her joy , and put both hands around Heathcliff's neck and reached up on tiptoe for a big smacker of a kiss. You're the best! she tells him cheerfully.

As for getting my hands dirty, I can usually find someone much more enjoyable to punish than a disease-ridden drug dealer or prostitute. Since I'm Sanctified, I'm kind of like an avenging angel, she explains seriously, and I much prefer to punish people who indulge in sins of the flesh. Pedophiles are my favorite, but I'll go for adulterers and fornicators, too, she continues, explaining happily. I think bad people should be punished, don't you? she says slyly, opening the car door.

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff, both shocked and ecstatic at her forwardness, closes his eyes as she kisses him, so he can concentrate on retaining the exact sensation in his memory. He places a hand on her hip also, and her skin, her touch, is so soft, so smooth. He opens his eyes again and smiles. Then she begins explaining what type of person she hunts, and for the first time since leaving Avalon, Worry makes an entrance.

Mariel is a lot like Sebastian, Heathcliff thinks to himself,though it sounds a lot more palatable coming from her. If she knew that I had been Embraced because my Sire watched me cheat on Beth so many times that he was convinced I was already a monster, what would she think of me?

Heathcliff hesitates for just a moment, but the mental image of watching this Aphrodite-after-Dusk gorging herself on bright, red blood quickly makes up his mind. He wonders how much trouble he could get in for recording such a scene for his future viewing pleasure. A lot, probably.

"I don't think anyone on the planet is owed a credit on their karma," he answers her vaguely as he pulls out his I-phone and begins searching for a specific website. "But I can get on board with making this city safer for children," he says, with some force behind his voice, perhaps more than he had intended.

"Here we go," he says as he sits in the passenger seat, and offers her his phone. "A map of all registered sex offenders in Sacramento. Looks like you have plenty to choose from," he says, sighing sadly and shaking his head. He points out various places on the map that are densely populated, or near schools, or both.

Mariel is taken off-guard. Wow! she exclaimed, looking at all the little flags on the map Heathcliff showed her.

Damn it, all I wanted was a quickie at maybe a BDSM or biker bar, and he thinks I'm Vampire Mother Teresa.

Mariel spoke slowly, not wanting to jinx the deal, I'd love to work with the data you have here, but that kind of hunt takes time and planning. Tell you what....why don't we just go back to my hotel. If there's time later we'll go out, but maybe to someplace with easier prey. I just got into town, and I'm not really settled in yet. Or dressed for that kind of hunt, she says, looking down at her posh frock.

Mariel starts her car, and the radio plays Tom Petty's "You Don't Know".

Let me run with you tonight
    I'll take you on a moonlight ride
    There's someone I used to see
    But she don't give a damn for me

But let me get to the point, let's roll another joint
    And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
    You don't know how it feels
    You don't know how it feels to be me

Truer words never spoken, Tommy boy.

"Sorry, of course, something like that takes planning, what am I thinking?" he placates, putting his phone away. Sebastian watched me for years, the sick bastard.

"The hotel sounds fine." He smiles faintly, trying to convey his interest without appearing giddy with excitement. He nods along with the radio and adds, "Tom Petty is great, I love this one."

I'm staying at The Citizen, it's not far, says Mariel. I'm glad you're with me, though, the underground parking is uber-creepy. You remember that lady you said I should stop shooting eye-daggers at in the bar? She attacked me there just before we left.

She glances over at Heathcliff for his reaction, truthfully playing the part of the injured party.

[Continue interaction in The Citizen Hotel thread]

Closed Thread