Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Memento Mori

Awakening Gift
Jul 31, 2021 - Jul 31, 2021
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Marietta's Cafe was about 12 blocks from the Museum where Jordan had presented himself. It was on a side street, and blended so well into the architecture that it was practically invisible to a casual walker. Must have been hell on walk-in business.

Jordan walked into the cafe at the stroke of six, silently cursing the early bird nature of some people. But still, he was game to meet. Dark slacks, dark collarless shirt and a tweed jacket made him look like another town dweller. In precaution, he had summoned the Sybil's Sight, but practically speaking he would only need his mundane senses to spot someone with such a unique identifying mark.

He walked mildly to the terrace, absently noticing people and where they were. Observation, drilled into him at his father's knee, was second nature. Without rudely staring, he sought his appointment.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry was already there since 5:56, and was now absently nursing a cup of coffee, apparently not looking anywhere in particular. He made sure his sleeves left his left hand exposed, to show the England-shaped birthmark there. He had considered creating it with magic, but had decided to go instead with a splotch of make-up. Easier to get rid off.

He made sure to have a folded newspaper next to him, trying to look like one of the morning workaholics who got their caffeine fix along with their news fix.

((Omnivision on, plus the stuff in the sig))

Jordan spotted his quarry, nursing a coffee that smelled far too good even from a distance. He stepped to the table, but just in case he was wrong.

"Excuse me, sir, but didn't I see you in Camelot?"

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry stops moving at Jordan's words, and looks him in the eyes. "Yeah, you were the guy in that ratty Merlin hat, were't you?" He motions to the closest seat, like someone inviting an acquaintance to sit with him. "How have you been?"

"Yeah, that was me. Not bad, thanks."

He took a seat. The waitress was alert, and took Jordan's coffee order. He looked at Henry with an evaluating look in his sharp hazel eyes.

"Thank you. I'm Jordan. And you're the nice man at the other end of the email. If I am to be of any use to you, you'll want to know something about me. Please ask questions."

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Nice man? It's been a while since Henry last heard that one. But hell, he could go along with it. "And I'm Henry. First, what did you just Order?" The capital O is quite audible. "And what, exactly, can you do to help?" The exact purpose of that question is apparently only clear in Henry's mind.

Jordan smiled wryly. "Well put and succinct. Well done." he thought.

"I just ordered a coffee with a side of Mysterium." he responded. "And, depending on your problem, I'm trained in civil and criminal investigation. You know us M-types, always digging for answers. I'm not brilliant in a dust-up, but I can take on most everything short."

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry nods with a hint of a smile at the corner of his lips. Good enough.

"Works for me. Next one is touchier;" he takes a moment before continuing, using his current vision to make sure noone is listening in. He continues in a much softer voice, sounding more conspiratorial than before. "You ever been to McClellan Air Base?"

Jordan's coffee was delivered, and he took a decent sip...no cream, no sugar. It was a wonder that the hot beverage didn't fry the delecate skin of mouth and tongue.

"I saw some of the base on a public tour with my political science class from LA many years ago. That's about it. The case involves the base, then?"

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry lets Jordan take a sip from his cup before continuing. "Yeah, it does. Someone slipped out with a bunch of fireworks and stiffs". Which sounds admittedly better than 'guns and corpses'. "It was on the news, and the best access is gone now. Which means we'll either have to pretend our way in, or just do this under cover of night." Henry wasn't sure discussing such details of a plan on a first meeting was the way to go, but time was of the essence, and besides, it's not like he didn't have means of dealing with any obstacles a mage could present.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread