Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 18
DISPLAYED
Finding Winter (ATTN: Nightfall)

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Joshua couldn't really believe it. Why did Kyle send him here? This guy seems hardly interested in helping Joshua; why did he join a court? It's highly possible that he once was just as helpless as Joshua is right now.
    Of course, that's not what he said - that were the things he wanted to say, but was to bewildered to do so. "I'm.. I'm kinda lost. I don't know what this whole new life is about, what I can do" Kyle's words about magic echoed inside Joshua's head "or how to behave now. I don't know where to turn to and what to do and I can't just always bother Kyle with that."

Nightfall shrugged. "You just make do, do whatever you feel like. Why were you hanging out with Kyle, anyway?"
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Joshua did his best to stay calm; he felt that Nightfall wasn't only desinterested to help, he was outright rude. "Why, he's the one who helps me on my feet right now, I don't see what's wrong with that." The temperature of his voice dropped a few degrees as he continued. "So do you know any better place to look for a court's support?" Heck, maybe the winter court is too good for Joshua, he didn't know. What he knew is that his need for help has been effectively denied here and since Nightfall didn't seem to interested in Joshua's company, there's little reason to stay here.

"There's nothing wrong with it," Nightfall answered with a quizzical look. "I was just curious if you guys knew each other... from... before... or back there."

Nightfall sighed and sat down. "Look, don't get me wrong, I'm just confused. I just don't understand why you feel like you have to go run out and join a Court, especially when you think you're joining a Court because of what you think they do, instead of because you belong."

"There are probably courtiers out there that'll tell you whatever you want to hear and sign you up to strengthen their Court," he added, "but that's not me. When I asked you why you wanted to join a Court, you said it was because you're lost and needed help. Hell, the Freehold will help you with those things, you don't need to jump into a Court just for that."

Joshua frowned. Although the first (well, second) impression of Nightfall was somewhat..unfortunate, he was probably right. He was pretty much only following Kyle's advice, since he was too afraid or lazy to think about it himself. Wouldn't help if he followed Nightfall's oppinion blindly now, though. He thought about it for a moment - he hasn't heard the word 'Freehold' yet, but he had a vague idea what it could mean: the community of Changelings in the city.
    Great, now he was even more confused. This probably meant he is on his own when Kyle's not around; although this thought had its own appeal (namely the lack of responsibility for Joshua), it's not how it could continue forever.
    "I.. I don't know, what should I do now?"

Nightfall gave Joshua an exasperated look. "I dunno man, I'm not you. Sounds like you just need to spend some time figuring out what's what instead of jumping into things."

The frown hasn't left Joshua's face. But its nature has changed: it's not irritation, but rather intense thinking. He slowly looked over his shoulder and back at Nightfall. "You know, I guess you're right. I think I'm going to take a walk and think about all that." His voice didn't sound fed up, either, but stoic.
    He didn't give Nightfall a chance to reply something before he turned around and walked out of the studio - he wasn't running or even walking faster than usual, if anything he moved slower than normal walking-speed, as if the thoughts inside his head were taking up his whole concentration.

Nightfall decided that maybe, just maybe, he might pretend he was still mute, just sometimes.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread