Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Finding Winter (ATTN: Nightfall)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Joshua looked after Kyle's car until it was out of sight, before he turned to the dance studio. He didn't know yet, what to tell someone who wasn't Nightfall, especially since he surely couldn't ask for him by this name. He took his time to go through the possibilities, all while ripping away small pieces of clouds from his right left hand.
    After a minute or so, he took a deep breath and decided to just go with the flow and went in.
    Please Nightfall, be the receptionist..

It doesn't look like business has picked up. There's one girl in her mid twenties wearing a gi who is packing up a duffel back; from the sheen of perspiration and her mussed hair, it appears she's just wrapping up her lesson.

Nightfall is nearby, lacing up his shoes.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

A sigh a relief escaped Joshua's lungs. He greeted the girl fleetingly as he passed by and went to Nightfall. "Uh, hi.. remember me? You know from the Karaoke bar; I .. could we talk in private? I mean maybe later if you're busy now.."
    Huh. It may have been the alcohol, but didn't that guy signal that he was mute that night? Joshua silently wondered whether he just insulted him by asking for a conversation.

"Sure, I remember you," Nightfall replied. "What's up? Everyone's gone right now, and I don't have another student the rest of the day."

If Nightfall remembered correctly, this guy got a little lit and sung like shit.

The guy could talk. Joshua tried to hide his surprise, but couldn't help but frown and stutter a bit while was talking. "Kyle told me to - oh, hello." He reached out his hand to properly greet Nightfall. "Kyle told me to talk to you about support, I'm kinda new here.." before he continued he looked around whether anyone was there to listen. "Uhm.. you know, the Winter Court?

"Whaaaat?" Nightfall asked. "Support as in... what? Are you a Winter?" he asked, with some skepticism at Joshua's lack of Mantle.

Ugh, this was more uncomfortable than Joshua first thought it might be. "Nonono, I'm not but I think I wanna become one.. I mean, Kyle said you guys wanted to get your lifes back - from before.."
    Why did he think that he could handle this alone? Right now he felt as helpless as it could get.

"Oh," Nightfall replied. "Well... some, yes... but that isn't really what being a member of the Winter Court is about."

He scratched his cheek, then continued, "The Courts are more about what emotion you most closely identify with... desire... fear... sorrow... anger..."

Nightfall paused, seeing what Joshua would say.

That's odd. Why do the two descriptions of the courts differ so much? For a moment Joshua was silent; his confusion was obvious and the headache didn't really help the thinking. He decided to go back to Kyle's apartment and sleep until the hangover's gone once this is done.
    "I don't know.. I mean right now I just feel unsave and helpless, but I'm not really afraid.. uh it's hard to describe, really."

"Uhhhh," Nightfall says, unsure of what to say. Sounded like fear to him. "So what's got you in a huff to join a Court anyway," he finally asked.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread