Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
81 - 90
DISPLAYED
(0907) Mekhet

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 9 of 12 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
    L
    Laufrey

Stephen notes the late comer but after a brief inspection looks back to the others. He nods when a clarification of the clan secretes is reached rather quickly,a good thing as it was always difficult to prove having taught this clans particular secretes and it was usually a futile effort to stop it.

As the conversation apparently lulls he asks, "Unless anyone else has something more pressing, perhaps it would benefit us all of some history of the city? Maybe knowing some of the events can help direct our actions towards something in particular, the easiest is the Lost Nights just recently. But I'm sure there's more that our clan can uncover and deal with before it's an issue to all as our kind are never without, outside interference?" He looks to see if others are willing to voice something else but otherwise leans back now that he's cast the die.

"She was of a somewhat different opinion in regard to the matter of our clan gifts... of a more authoritarian bent, I suppose one might say," Circe replies. "Beyond that, I can't really say, as my discussion with her was more focused on her then-role as Seneschal than on matters of clan."

Circe thinks of adding a comment regarding Erika dropping the ball in that role, in that she apparently had not passed along the information Circe'd given her for the Prince, regarding the strange affliction that had felled and destroyed so many, but she'd already mentioned that to Ishani, and she had rather liked Dr. Brady during their brief interactions, so she doesn't mention that again.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani nods in understanding. "I see, well Dr. Brady always was one of a set mind. However, I feel that people should be allowed to make their own decisions. Now, if it turns out to be the wrong decision, there will be consequences, as there always are. But I would rather like to try and work with you all to fix any problems then fight against you. So, that being said, who has been here for the last three weeks or so that can fill the rest of us in that haven't been here?"
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani looks around to see if anyone is going to speak up, then shrugs. "Ok then, let's move on. Is there anything else of importance that needs to be addressed, or shall we adjourn here?"
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Circe says "I entered the area immediately after the event that felled so many kindred, and was able to observe some parts of that event through... associates I had in place at the time. I have learned some things about the event itself, but other than that I have no special knowledge of events since then." She looks around to see if any others have anything to add or any other business to discuss.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant simply shakes his head to Ishani's question and looks to his Hierophant. If he was more socially apt, he would have commented that that was alot of events in one sentence. Instead, he smiles at his private joke, content to keep it private.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani sighs. "Do we have any information on what caused the attack or where it came from?"

This was important to her. She had a score to settle with whoever these people were. They had stripped something from her that would probably never come back. The thought of it enraged her.
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Circe says "I do not know who committed the attack, but I do have a partial answer as to how they did so. I have mastered a power which combines Auspex with the mystical knowledge granted by Cruac, and which allows me to detect and analyze magical auras, energies and phenomena. Through studying the remains of kindred, ghouls and creatures of blood magic who were destroyed by this attack, I know that it draws on certain aspects of the magic of our blood, but the primary magic I detected is of a sort entirely unfamiliar to me. It is not the magic of spirits or that which the werewolves draw upon. It does not resemble the little bit I have seen of the magics used by those mortal sorcerers who call themselves the Willworkers, but I fully admit that I am not so familiar with their magic to entirely rule out the possibility it may reflect some aspect of their style of magic. I believe it is probably something else, though, and that this unknown sort of magic was used to launch an attack that targets the kindred, through the power of our blood."

Directing comment to Ishani, she says "This is the information I provided to the former Seneschal, in hopes it would be passed along to the Prince, or that she would arrange an opportunity for me to speak with him about the matter. Hopefully I will get that opportunity at the upcoming meeting of the leadership of the Covenants."

L
    Laufrey

Seeing as no one else was volunteering information despite having been around before the Lost Nights Stephen lets out a sigh, "I'm currently investigating the attack after offering to the city via the hound. Through our clan gift I was able to ride piggy back to several dragons that were awake during the day, at least I'm fairly certain it was day. To put it simply it was not unlike a biological or chemical attack I've witnessed in war. It was over in the blink of an eye for some while a couple took a few moments, all less than a minute. There was no evidence to indicate the attack aside from all suffered at the exact same time."

He waits as he lets the others absorb what he's said. "I've already passed this and my thoughts to the Prince via Hound Twist which are, this was either a specific attack on this cities kindred indicating a local enemy with a heavy axe to grind. All the more reason to learn the cities history as I mentioned already. The other likely option is the attack was a test and Sacramento's kindred a proving ground, indicating a group intent on eliminating all kindred and the next step would be to expand and duplicate the effect for a mass effect." Looking to Circe, "I have little knowledge of such occult matters but with what you say it would seem it's more than just simple kine. Although they do occasionally come up with some oddities. Regardless, I'm of the opinion we've a short time before another attack comes." For all he said he could be reading a technical manual for the lack of inflection and seriousness of his tone. He does seem to note any reactions to those present.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani thinks back to when she first entered the city. Straiphen was destroyed, Freddrick was sucked dry by an older monster. There really weren't any major enemies in Sacramento's past, other then the usual ones of course. She doubted the werewolves could cook up something like this but she did not know that much about these willworkers.

She looks up at Circe and Stephen. "Has anyone gone to speak to the werewolves or willworkers and ask them if any of them were afflicted? I understand you said it targets something in the properties of our blood, but who knows what other side effects it could have on other supernaturals."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Page 9 of 12 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
Closed Thread