Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(0907) Mekhet

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    L
    Laufrey

Stephen smiles at Circe as he says, "Thank you." Turning to Ishani, "A pleasure to meet you as well. Has the clan not been numerous in the past?" Not so obvious, yet as he interacted with the others he not only got a good look over them as well as the rest of the place and all present. He also nods to Jayant upon noticing the other man and then to Myrah.

Circe glances over at Myrah as well. This one she'd not yet met. She'd give her a bit more time to come over before introducing herself.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani thinks for a moment before responding. "We had a few, more then most of the other clans, but not as many as are currently in this room I don't think."

She shrugs and finds a place to sit. So many kindred had come and gone in the last year alone it was hard to keep track of who was still here and who had moved on. Since she had never been the Priscus or Harpy, it was not her job to keep track of such things, so she did not try. Now, if any of them had broken one of the Prince's laws or breeched the Masquerade, then she kept track of them. Luckily (or just clan superiority) Mekhet in Sacramento were not known for making such mistakes.
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

L
    Laufrey

Stephen looks sincerely surprised at Ishani's statement but responds easily enough, "Well small blessings for such a trial. I've found that most domains with more of our clan are often more stable than not, but perhaps I'm being biased." He looks as though there's more he'd say or ask but holds his tongue as he look to the entrance. He moves seemingly without thought to one side of the building while talking in an effort to avoid causing a block in walk ways.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

From the side of the room, Jayant nods back to Stephen before taking in Gideon and Myrah, before settling back on Ishani.

Who are we all really? he muses, thinking back to all the kindred come and gone since his arrival in Sacramento, none of whom he had ever got to know, really. Mrs Scotts, Little V, Eva, Bella, Sunshine, all gone, nothing but ash amongst the dark, forever, no more.

Is there really any purpose to this Requiem, some big question as to why we must hunt the night and consume blood to survive?

If Jayant was so inclined, he would have thought such things. He was not. He was a follower, not a thinker. Yet, even he knew how to mourn the loss of, if not friends, at least comrades.

A wallflower will not know anyone, he thought. So, with the ease of a ghost, Jayant decides to be a wallflower no more and walks to the main seating area, and sits near to Ishani, but not so close as to invade her space.

"I must apologise for being so rude, walking away like that. I had a moment of...emotion."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani smiles and puts a reassuring hand on Jayant's shoulder. "It is quite all right, my friend. I have not had the chance to properly mourn them either. But I will, right after I slaughter the ones who did this to us."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Circe nods in silent agreement with Ishani's sentiment.

"Truly, this is a woman to have on my side," she thinks to herself.

Narration:

There is a knock at the door of the meeting room. Circe gets up to answer it, and someone hands her a note. She looks at the note, which is addressed to Lady Ishani Naetesh, nods to the woman at the door, then closes the door behind her.

She brings the note to Ishani. "The store manager delivered this. She says it is from Dr. Brady."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani frowns and takes the note. She opens it and reads it silently.
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

The note reads:

Dr. Erika Brady regrets to inform you that she must leave her family for an extended visit to San Francisco for the next two weeks on personal business.

The writing looks like Erika's.

Page 3 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread