Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Between the Museum and Westfield

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

PRE

Joshua nods, and even lets a small smile cross his face. "Yeah. He passed, all right. One in the door, one in the glove." The smile disappears. "You didn't cheat, did you? Didn't peek? Because if you did..." He lets the phrase hang for a bit. "No, I'm kidding. Good job."

Trench
    Trench

"Thanks." Ryan said as he brushed some of his hair out of his eyes. He really should think of a haircut. "Felt kinda weird though."

Ollie
    Ollie

PRE

Ollie's grin widens "Fuck yeah, man! Dude, Ryan. How cool was that shit? You just, like, knew those guns were there right? You could feel em."

PRE

Joshua starts up the car, pulls out of the mall parking lot, and starts heading south again. "Call me crazy," he says to Ollie--let the kid have a few minutes in the back there, to think about what he'd done--"but I'm under the impression you want to help atone for what happened at the park. Just so happens, we in the Arrows are going to take a look there right now. Sort of a training exercise. Ryan's coming with; are you down?"

The park. He hadn't been back since...

But he'd sworn an Oath.

"Yeah, man. But we should maybe probably think about clearing Ryan out of there before it starts gettin to late, ya know? I mean... That place is straight fucked up, take it from me."

PRE

"I know it is. I saw. But I'm not going to let anything happen to Ryan," Joshua says. "Or you, for that matter. And we'll have five other Arrows there to help me keep my word. If you can fire a gun, take the one in the glove compartment. If not... Well, figure out something you can do. Ryan probably needs a shield."

Trench
    Trench

Sheild? Hows that suppose to protect against bullets? Ryan decided to keep quite as they talked. He was going to pick up on this stuff eventually.

Ollie
    Ollie

PRE

Ollie seems to concentrate on Ryan for a moment, as the air in the car becomes charged with his spellcasting. Ryan begins to feel threads of Fate encircling him. Threads that might cause that punch to be a little off, or make him stumble just in time to dodge that bullet. It definitely doesn't feel like any 'shield' Ryan had ever heard of, but it works just as well.
    Spoiler

After the casting's over Ollie just smiles at Ryan.

PRE

Joshua drives the car to Granite Park in silence.

((meet up here))

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread