Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
House Hunting

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

The man turns the picture to look at it, smiles, then places it back inside the red folder. Then, still smiling, he explains his motives.

"Her father owes me a substantial amount of money, and has for some time now, yet he has made no significant progress toward paying what is owed. He believes his position within society makes him immune to the consequences of his dishonesty and puts him beyond my reach. It is my desire that he learn otherwise. I am told the thing he treasures most in all the world is his daughter. Thus will he learn that by withholding what is owed to me, he risks that which he treasures."

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

Very much a screwed up invictus metality. Jack thought with disdain, though he didn't show it.
    "So, the basics is that I find her, Break or shoot her legs and let dad know the consequences for not paying up?" Thinking back on it, it sounded a lot like old chicago as well. Some things never change as far Jack can tell.
    "Is there a place she shows up frequently that I can take advangate of?"

"Yes. You will find that information in this briefing folder." He hands Jack the red folder. "I would prefer her knees be shot out, but if you would prefer to work in a more up-close manner, that is acceptable, so long as you make certain the damage is such that she never regains full mobility and strength in her legs."

Inside the folder, Jack sees pictures of a handsome black man and his family, and listings of each by name, address and frequent locations. He notices the girl's name is Jada, and that information is included for her school, her dance studio (including evening lesson times) and the names and addresses of her best friends. He also notes that the man is named Tyrone Franklin, and works as a publicist in the Mayor's office.

"So, Jack, let us talk terms. If you handle this for me, I will provide you with accommodations here within my operation, and we can talk from there about other arrangements. Is this agreeable to you?"

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

Jack Reads as much of the file he can, trying to remember every little bit of information as possible. Mayors office? Hm, just as corrupt as chicargo. He though as he closed the folder.

"Yeah mate. That sounds alright."

"We have a deal, then," he says, leaning forward and offering his large, strong-looking hand to shake. With the hand extended, Jack can make out a ring that hadn't previously caught his attention: Gold, large and thick, shaped in the likeness of a skull with small rubies in the eye sockets.

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

Huh, Thats not morbid at all. Jack pushed the though out of his head and shook the mans hand. It didn't seem to have much of a grip, but then again his body was weaker than normal.
    "Sure this will work out well for both of us." He said with a smile.

Narration:

The man says "I look forward to your results." His grip is firm, but not crushing. Jack gets a sense this man is comfortable in his power and does not feel the need to engage in petty displays, prefering to utilize it in ways that matter.

He stands. "Hakim will show you out, as I have business elsewhere in the house. I will look forward to your reporting back when you have completed the task we discussed." With that he turns and leaves, the two women falling in behind him. Hakim stands behind them, and when the coast is clear, he gestures to the door, the shotgun still held across his chest in his other hand.

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

"Later then." Jack said just before he left. He got up and reajusted his hat. He was sure he didn't managed to see enough detail just yet. He walked over to the door and gave Hakim a nod before opening the door. "Got a number to call your boss?"

Hakim speaks for the first time since Jack came into the house. "He got no phone, don' take no calls. Says dey can be traced and listened in on. Business come to the door, not over no phone."

Hakim steps to the door and pulls back numerous long, thick latches and bars. Jack notices the door frame is steel-reinforced, and the door itself steel-cored, and that with all these bars, a police ram isn't getting through.

Hakim opens the door for Jack.

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

"Sounds fair." Jack said nonchantly as he shoved the folder into his jacket. He had a slight smile on his face as he noticed the door for the first time. Picked the right place, even if its a crackhouse. He though as he gave Hakim another nod before stepping outside and made his way across the street.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread