1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Eclipse's Party

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

6pm arrives at Eclipse's home.

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

Eclipses driveway is lined by flickering lawn torches that, as the evening goes on, cast more shadow than dim light on the front of the house. The bottom floor has been decked out for the party, including a particularly large living room that has been filled with tables and chairs, as well as a sumptuous catered buffet set in one of the corners and an open bar in the other. Soft music plays from unseen speakers. Banners are hung from the walls that illustrate the precepts of the Silver Dream - Blood, Thunder, Diamond, and Star, with a banner in the center of them displaying a grandiose Silver Ladder emblem.

Anyone who should, for any reason, find themselves wanting to venture upstairs find themselves coming against a solid ban, courtesy of Provost Dee.

Lyle is working furiously, the poor kid, making sure everything is going off without a hitch. He can be seen scampering from place to place, adjusting this and checking that.

There are a few people here already, some the ever present obscure faceless mages of the city as well as a few who seem to have come from out of town to attend Eclipses party. They mingle about, chatting genially with one another.

Eclipse is moving throughout the room, greeting those he knows and introducing himself to those he does not - seeming to remember everyone's name. He wears a classy black tuxedo and bow tie.

-Mirage-

A lovely woman in a revealing white dress and silver heels moves around the party, greeting people and troubling Lyle to assure her that everything is in order. She lives here, with Eclipse but the relationship is all business and she wants everything to be perfect for him.

PRE

Tug walks into the party wearing an impeccable, custom-tailored black suit. After seeing what his brother wore to the funeral, he had insisted his brother get fitted for one as well, and footed the bill.

He recalls Eclipse and Mirage from the funeral, and approaches Eclipse first, his face solemn. He remembers what his mother told him to say when greeting his host.

"Hello again. We attended the funeral together. My name is Tug," he says, extending his hand to shake, "You have a lovely home."

Mom would be so proud.

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

Eclipse grasps Tug's hand firmly.

"Why thank you, Tug. I'm Eclipse. I remember you from the funeral. What a fine example of Adeptness with Life you showed. Bravo to you, it's always good to see someone so proud of their gifts. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Thank you, Eclipse. It is a tragedy that it didn't help us find the party responsible," he says obliquely, given the nature of the event. Then he leans in to speak in a hushed voice. "Speaking of which...what arrangements have you made for security and screening of your guests? The mage responsible has yet to be apprehended." He looks Eclipse in the eye to convey the gravity of this statement. "I am an Arrow," he adds as explanation for his concern.

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

Eclipse places a reassuring hand on one of Tug's big shoulders. "Rest assured, my friend. I'm well aware of the dangers that have come to plague this city. Exactly why I'm all the more pleased to have representatives of the Ungula Draconis in attendance tonight. Our Orders have ever been close allies."

PRE

Tug smiled at Eclipse, not satisfied with the answer, but unwilling to insult his host by probing further. Out of the corner of his eye, he recognizes the woman who had accompanied Eclipse to the funeral. He hadn't had time to notice the other day, but...Hot damn.

"May I ask, who is the woman you brought with you the other day?" He tried to conceal his interest, in case she turned out to be his wife or girlfriend or something.

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

Eclipse follows Tug's gaze over to Mirage, and he smiles at her as their eyes meet briefly as she moves through the room.

"Her name is Mirage. Beautiful, isn't she?" He turns his attention back to Tug "She is my assistant. She's well versed in both Sleeper and Awakened law. She is an invaluable asset."

-Mirage-

Noticing that Tug and Eclipse were looking her way, Mirage dismisses the group she was greeting and walks over to them. "Good evening Deacon Eclipse. Mind introducing me?" She asks with a smile.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.