Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Planning the Hedge Hunt (Attn: Silas and Johnathan)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

*This thread takes place at the Renaissance Faire before the band starts playing*

Marcus sets three pints of Hogshead Lager on the table and gives Silas a slight shake of his head, "Sorry, no vodka... just beer and cider." He settles into a seat and raises his glass, "To our expedition..." and takes a long pull from the straw-coloured liquid. "So, we should get to it. It looks like the band is almost ready, and I bet Garrick and the others will want us over there..."

"I have some familiarity with basic features of the Hedge; finding paths, identifying Goblin fruit, etc. and I have an ax which I use to clear Thorns that is also fairly handy in a fight. I know where there is a relatively safe entrance, and I shall mainly be searching for Goblin Fruit and Promise Leaves. How about you two, then?" Marcus enjoys another draw from his beer.

Mmmm...

O
    OBSN

"To our expedition," Johnathan echoes Marcus, and then thinks for a moment, "Well, I'm not really looking for anything specific, but yeah, I was hoping to gather some goblin fruit. I've been in and out of the hedge a fair amount, but I generally don't go in very far. I have a fair ability to recognize fruits." Johnathan is silent for a moment. "Wasn't there a few others who are coming along? Have either of you met them?"

S
    Soirgriffe

"Not yet, but i'm not exactly looking for trustworthy, i'm looking for strong, the hedge can be dangerous" Silas thanked Marcus for the drink and held it up.
    "I'm sure it will be a good night, I never bothered to learn much about the Goblin Fruits. I hope this can be a learning experiance."

Marcus silently nods for a moment, considering... "Where were you planning on entering?"

S
    Soirgriffe

"Well, I know one entrance, but it's some way away, maybe someone knows somewhere closer?" Silas took a sip from the drink.

O
    OBSN

"I don't know of any entrances that are particularly close to here, where is the one that you were just mentioning, would you recommend using that one?" Johnathan asks Marcus.

S
    Soirgriffe

Absent mindedly, Silas picked up a packet of suger and put it into the Lager as he spoke.
    "I personally wouldn't recommend it, trust me." The smile that was glued to his face seemed to flicker, but returned.
    "Do you know any, Mr Evan?"

"There was an entrance under the H Street bridge, just north of the Sacramento State campus. I haven't used it in a while, but it was no more dangerous than anywhere else in the Hedge..." Marcus shifts in his seat, attempting to get comfortable. "I've heard rumors of a gate at a parking garage on P Street, but there was also something about some nasty spiders near that one. Otherwise, there's always that children's theme park..." What was it called, Fairy Town... Fairytale Land... something like that.

S
    Soirgriffe

"Sounds good, whichever is closer to the Four Seasons would be appropriate, we have to meet people there do we not?" Silas took another sip after five sachets of sugar had been put in. "By the way, I seem to be carrying this Rapier out in the open, for the while do you have any boxes around, I do not wish to bother with the police and will need to transport it to the hedge." He looked to Marcus and gave him one of his smiles.

"As long as its peace-bound, no one will bother you at the Faire. Afterwards, carry it openly in its scabbard or in a gym bag and you shouldn't be bothered. It's only illegal to conceal or brandish a weapon in California. Of course, I can always hold on to it for you, and bring it later." Marcus looks in the direction of the jousting grounds. Still a mob of people over there... I bet some of them are just spoiling for a fight. Marcus drains his pint, "So then, Four Seasons after the Spring Party?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread