DISPLAYED
Doomsday Church

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

~~Narration~~

Once everyone had arrived, West led them to the Church which was still owned by the Guardians, but 'Under Renovation'.

"I know that many of you want to learn how to improve your combat prowess," he began, "And that is not always done with the body. Today, we're going to examine two confrontations. This is the first. View it, analyze it. From this, many of you will see things you may not have seen before."

He paused, to let it digest, and then added, "You will see me call Niles Plotski a 'Tick-Tock Man'. For those of you that do not know, this is slang for a Cultist of the Doomsday Clock. The significance of this confrontation is that both Niles and I have the ability, through our Legacies, to move backwards in Time.

"So, watch it, analyze it, and tell me when you're done. We'll sit down and have a group discussion," West said, glad to be done speaking.

One by one, West grants each person the sight of Postcognition, so that they could bear witness to the past.

He took a seat on a pew as he waited, and gave Ankh a smile and a kiss.

Spoiler
    Nimbus

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx gets out of Tug's truck and looks at the church. "So the guardians had a church?"

PRE

Joshua parks his car, getting out with his phone to his ear. Before things get started he moves close to West and murmurs, "Just got off the phone with a man named Brutus. Says he is an Arrow from LA. I invited him to come along; I figured if he's lying there's enough of us here to hurt him, and if he's legit he may as well meet everyone."
    He takes a seat, listening to West's setup, and when the vision comes he pays close attention to it. It's over surprisingly quickly, given how powerful everyone involved must be.
    "Finished," he says, once its complete.

PRE

"I've finished," Tug says. He'll hold his questions and comments until everyone is ready.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

"Done." Falx thinks over what he saw.

Orphan

PRE

Orphan takes note of West's statement about being able to shift backwards in time due to a Legacy attainment and made a mental note to ask him about that later. He didn't know very much about Legacies other than his own, which he'd felt Fated to take up since the moment of his father's death. He had head a bit about the Cult of the Doomsday Clock, and wanted to learn more about them as well... but all that would be for later.

Orphan watched the battle carefully, very impressed. "That would be well worth viewing many times," he thought. He took a few moments to clarify his impressions in his own mind before discussion, then, nodding, said "I'm finished."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

(( It isn't clearly stated, but Niles was using Acceleration every round - West was not. This should be obvious to a spectator by their relative speeds. I'm going to post although Rosyn hasn't been on because Premsyl said she'd be on in a bit. ))

"Many confrontations are won from the beginning," West said to the assembled Mages. "I'd like each of you to give me your opinion as to why I chose to target Plotski's assistants instead of Plotski himself, as Kai did. You have all seen the entire conflict, but I'd like you to consider it without that knowledge, using only what I discerned -- that is, that Plotski was a Cultist capable of Shifting Sands."

West waited, curious. Even though he doubted any of them would figure it out, they might bring up a point he hadn't considered himself.
    Nimbus

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx's head tilts to the side. "You placed the odds that he wouldn't try to save his assistants over himself?"

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh sits quietly and watches the interaction, wondering why in the world this "mmeting" had become a lesson of some kind. She also listened to the Greek coming out of West's mouth and sat in complete confusion. Maybe she needed to go back to Mage school, because none of this made a lick of sense to her. How was she supposed to be a Provost when she barely knew what the hell she was doing?

Feeling small and simple, she sat silent and watched the scene unfold.

PRE

Tug considered how West had prefaced this discussion, that "many confrontations are won from the beginning." That means he thought taking down the assistants would stop the boss- that's unconventional logic. Why would he think that?

Tug clears his throat and looks at his brother before addressing West. "I think I know why. It has to do with how the Awake have to walk the path of Wisdom, right? You were hoping that the loss of his assistants might make him have a nervous breakdown, or something. I know I'd flip out if anything happened to my bro."

Then he smacked his brother in the back and smiled. "Right?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread