Party at the Rage

Page 13 of 13 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx walks over to his bro at the bar. "Dude its time to go. It's getting late, we got things to do tomorrow and I need your help to get your drunk ass to the car."

PRE

"Not particularly," Joshua says to Ruby. "I think I thought that doing this might... I dunno," he finishes. "I don't think I will be doing this again. Ever." He shakes his head, then stops with a pained look on his face. "Ever."
    He looks back at where Zero and Armstrong were. "I think he's got a death wish," he says, apparently in answer to Animus. "Or maybe he just doesn't care. Gonna get us all killed if that's the case."
    Subject change! Best not to think of Zero, or Armstrong, or what they were probably doing right now. Joshua turns back to Ruby (too fast, it would seem by his wincing). "Yeah, I haven't seen you around. Where you been? Mapping out those ley lines like you said?" He's not slurring at all, but his speech still keeps a deliberate pace.
    He pats a vacant bar stool next to him. "And what did Andrade have to say?"

PRE

"..du duh du Fight Fight Fight! Hmm?" Tug turns away from the bar and looks at Falx. "Yeah, ok." He casts a forlorn gaze across the club, then sighs and tries to right himself once more before leaving.

Spoiler

He was still kinda drunk, but at least he wasn't seeing double anymore. "Better. Let's go. You drive." He flips his brother the keys and heads for the exit.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus looks uncomfortable when Joshua brings up Andrade. "She wanted to talk about my place within the Ladder. I don't know what will come out of it, but we didn't get very far before Zilker fell over." He chuckles slightly at the thought of the Epopt getting himself falling-down drunk, but turns serious again almost immediately. "Do you want some help with that, Josh?"

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx catches the keys and they go out to Tug's truck. They head back to their sanctum.

PRE

"You can do that, can't you?" Joshua says, remembering Animus' facility with healing. "Please, yes, please. Thank you. You'll never need to do this again."

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Well, I've been helping a little." Ruby answers reservedly. "Mostly I've been trying to actually work on my sculpture a bit again. I'm working with bronze and plastic and neon tubing. It's a bigger project than I'm used to so I'm pretty much swamped!"

"Um, I guess everyone's leaving. It's late, maybe I should go too. Joshua, do you and Animus play tennis? A friend and I want to play doubles but we're trying to find partners. It would be a lot of fun! Just... think about it, OK?"
    Ruby smiles and gives her friends a quick, cheerful hug and gathers up her things.

She leaves behind her half finished Long Island, and through sheer force of will maintains the illusion of sobriety as she passes through the door and hails a cab.

Maybe it was an OK night after all.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I think we should head out as well."

With a brief moment of concentration and a few whispered words, Animus forms an Imago to help clear the alcohol from Josh's system. "Feel better now?"

Spoiler

PRE

Joshua closes his eyes, and a placid expression comes over his face. "Oh, gods, yes," he says. "So much better. Thank you." He finishes his soda, leaves some cash to pay, and gets out his keys. "Let's go home and get some sleep. Busy days ahead."

Page 13 of 13 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
Closed Thread