Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Into a Gilded Cage

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Martin's smile gets wider. "Ventrue? Excellent, excellent. Glad to hear it. Well. Perhaps once we gain some stability in the city, we'll be able to form a school for you here, as well. The Invictus needs some structure--Guilds sound like just the thing."

L
    Laufrey

Hector walked along the street absorbed in some thought as he approached the Gilded Lilly, he stopped dead in his tracks and focused in front of him to Heathcliff who he'd inadvertently just blocked from walking his set path. An easy and infectious smile came to his face as he moved out of the others way saying, "Sorry, I got a little lost in thought," looking at the building he'd been approaching he made a satisfied noise and looked back to Heathcliff, "If you'll excuse me." Hector then began to turn with the intention of entering the upscale classy bar.

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff feels the presence of a more powerful Beast behind the easy smile of the man who had deterred his path. He tried to smile back, but only managed a grimace.

"No problem. I was wrapped up in my own thoughts, too." Heathcliff decides that he literally has all night to brood alone, and he's had plenty of those nights recently. Why not strike up a conversation?

"Hey...that's a nice suit. Where did you get it?" he says after the man passes by.

L
    Laufrey

Hector's reply is quick and smooth, "From one of my favorite places in Athens," he stops and moves out of the way of any more foot traffic to speak easier as the man seemed to react a little different than most normal people to him and somewhat intent on making conversation to boot. Curious as to who or what he may have bumped into if anything, Hector chose to fish a bit, "I'm Hector, recently arrived here and checking things out." His smile's infectious and genuine as he offers his hand in greeting.

"Vere there no guilds here before?" Mirella doesn't stop smiling, although her tone has dropped a little.

"I'm not sure. I'm a transplant here, myself," he says by way of explanation. "But I don't believe there were, and if there were they were not very active. Our previous Prince was unaligned," he says, distaste plain on his face. The word 'leper' may as well have passed his lips. "My understanding is that he did not much care for the Invictus to have much of a base in the city. But he is gone, and that will change."

"Hector," he repeated, as this helped him remember people's names when he felt nervous, and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you. My name is Heathcliff. So you're new to Sacramento? I have lived here most of my...life, but I haven't been out in Society much in the past year." He tugs at the lapel of his cheap, yet nice-looking suit, to prove his point.

"However, I feel that it is time for that to change." He smiles faintly. "So what do you think of the city so far?"

L
    Laufrey

Hector comes across as not only likable but charming as well upon his reply, "A pleasure Heathcliff, and yes I've only been in the city a very short time most of which was finding a suitable, living space." It would have seemed he was going to say something else before finding the living space phrase more entertaining.

"I don't recall ever meeting more than a real handful of people that are true natives to a city, if you wouldn't terribly mind I'd be interested in picking your brain, so to speak."
    He takes a moment to look back at the Gilded Lilly, "Could I interest you in a less busy conversation spot?" He motions to indicate the foot traffic rather than anything else. Almost as an aside without missing a beat or having paused, "And if you're any indication of proper attire here I may have to put a little extra effort in to look my part as a respectable member of, society." As he says this he noticeably brushes imaginary dust from off a sleeve of his suits light jacket.

Narrator note: I would like Hector and Heathcliffe to each make a Perception (Wits + Composure) check.

L
    Laufrey

Spoiler

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread