DISPLAYED
A less empty Orchestra than usual

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

The Karaoke bar is not really empty tonight. There's a small crowd clustered around the stage, swooning to a guy singing something and shimmying back and forth across the stage like he owns it. None of the people singing along with him seem to notice that his head is infact that of a fuzzy little coyote, and his shirt is half unbuttoned. He seems to be having the time of his life.

Talk to me
    Tell me your name
    You blow me off like it's all the same
    You lit a fuse and now I'm ticking away
    Like a bomb
    Yeah, Baby

Talk to me
    Tell me your sign
    You're switching sides like a Gemini
    You're playing games and now you're hittin' my
    heart
    Like a drum
    Yeah, Baby

Well if Lady Luck gets on my side
    We're gonna rock this town alive
    I'll let her rough me up
    Till she knocks me out
    She walks like she talks,
    And she talks like she walks

And she bangs, she bangs
    Oh baby
    When she moves, she moves
    I go crazy
    'Cause she looks like a flower but she stings
    like a bee
    Like every girl in history
    She bangs, she bangs

I'm wasted by the way she moves
    No one ever looked so fine
    She reminds me that a woman only got one thing on her mind

Talk to me
    Tell me your name
    I'm just a link in your daisy chain
    Your rap sounds like a diamond
    Map to the stars
    Yeah, Baby

Talk to me
    Tell me the news
    You wear me out like a pair of shoes
    We'll dance until the band goes home
    Then you're gone
    Yeah, Baby

Well if it looks like love should be a crime
    You'd better lock me up for life
    I'll do the time with a smile on my face
    Thinking of her in her leather and lace

Well if Lady Luck gets on my side
    We're gonna rock this town alive
    I'll let her rough me up
    Till she knocks me out
    She walks like she talks,
    And she talks like she walks
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

Spoiler

Joshua followed Derry into the bar; the coyote-guy who gave him a bag of burgers was singing something and it even sounded quite good. He noticed that Derry seemed upset and decided it probably was time to give her something back.
    He gave her a shy smile and touched her arm. "Uhm.. why don't we try to forget the tension of earlier before we - I mean, uh you know.." he took a deep breath; this was awkward, but he owed himself that much. He escaped to ask the coffee-shop girl out, to live a life. He tried again. "Maybe we could sing something together later, what do you think?"

God, this surely wasn't the right time. He was such a dork for thinking of such things now; nervously he awaited Derry's rejection.

Derry looks up to see what looks like a dog?? singing his heart out onstage. Maybe more like a feral dog....there's something wild and untamed about him somehow. Huh, that's something you don't see everyday.

She feels her bitchy mood begin to lift, and thinks MUST meet this one. Hearing the passion roll out from his very musical singing voice, her mind wanders to wondering if the singer is this passionate about other things.

Derry is pleased that Joshua is making an effort to be less of a timid rabbit. She gives his hand a quick squeeze and smiles, her spirits lifted with the strange song the Dog Guy is crooning. "I'd LOVE to sing with you- pick a song!"

d
    druidspath

Conrad walks into the establishment and feels a little out of place, but his unease subsides in a quarter hour or so. he identifies with the bar a bit. Icecream in a bar? seems so out of place, kinda like him, and he finds sollice in that. Wonder if they have some clasic sherbert? Not wanting to stick out too much, Conrad takes a quick survey of the bar and finds that most patrons are drinking a ferminted beverage of some type, so he orders the same. And assumes a seat with Derry and Joshua (and Zuke if he followed) just in time to hear the cyote howling away at the mic (pun intended).

He had met Kyle in passing before, but never more than that. "Boy can sing."

Well have to talk somewhere else, now dosent seem the place. He seems most concerned about talking Fae infront of mortals.

S
    Soul

Zuke had followed the others to the establishment, but felt very out of place. He had ordered simple water, and seeing a lot of new details to take in he remained quiet and contemplative.

O
    OBSN

Johnathan had been smoking outside the Four Seasons when a group of changelings walked past. Not recognizing one or two of them as locals, he had followed along behind them.

Johnathan walks into the bar, a slight grimace settling on his face as he sees the man cavorting across the stage. He looks about the room for the group he had been following.

"Hmm do you know the Elephant Love Medley? You know out of this movie.. uhm.. Moulin Rouge!" Huh, he didn't know he had seen this movie up to now; he snuck into the cinema once with some buddies. It was quite amazing, he seemed to remember quite a few bits of his earlier life, but there was so much more to rediscover. Right now, he only hoped that this didn't send some sort of desperate-for-a-girl message.
    He at first wanted to order the same as Zuke, but then he remembered the strong taste of orange juice and tequila, but there was more. "I'll have a Tequila Sunrise." When when was the last time he drank one of those? He didn't know, but he was sure that he'll remember this bit after a while - he was too excited about the fact, that Derry accepted his offer; he almost forgot that he had no money, too. He looked at the other two with a guilty look and a slight smile.
    "I'll owe you some money now, I guess."
    God, he owed them much more than that, but the warm feeling in his gut pushed these thoughts away for now.

Well, that's an interesting choice, Josh, but in "Elephant Love" the lady is unwilling, and that is SO not me! Derry grins. How about "You're the One that I Want" from "Grease"?

Zuke, do you know any songs? Conrad, what about you?

Derry orders her favorite drink, Woodchuck (apple beer), and a pepperoni pizza for the table. She keeps her eyes on the singer, hoping to catch his eye.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

The guy up on stage finishes the song with a pelvic thrust strong enough to make the crowd of admirers all scream at once. He descends into the small crowd and looks like he's going to get mobbed right there. Somehow he manages to thread his way through the group and leave them laughing and happily chatting about song choices as he leaves them for the table of changelings. He doesn't sit down, incase they want a semi-kind-private evening out.

"Hey Joshua! How's the city treating ya? Meet any interesting new people yet? And yo, everyone else!
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread