Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Dinner @ Dagwoods

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Viktor had been back in town since this morning, and really hadn't had time to go shopping...so it was time to visit one of the best spots for cheap, horribly good food. He put on a decently scruffy looking white button up, and a pair of tight jeans, and off he went. Viktor settled in right at the bar, and grinned at the waitress as he ordered a grilled cheese and bad coffee, leaning back against it while waiting. He'd been gone far too long...but damned if he was going to let his uncle die alone.

Ollie
    Ollie

PRE

When Ollie gets to Dagwoods the smell of food assaults his senses and his stomach reminds him that he hasn't eaten since Taco Bell the night before. He looks around, not seeing Ankh immediately, and walks up to the counter where he orders a large grill-pressed Cuban with a Mountain Dew. After a few minutes his order comes up and he takes a seat in a place where he and Ankh could talk without being eavesdropped on.

He keeps an eye on the door for Ankh.

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh enters the diner and spots Ollie quickly. She goes to the counter and order's a chef's salad and iced tea. When her order is ready, she takes it back to Ollie's table.

"So, what's the bad news? And how bad is it?"

Ollie
    Ollie

PRE

Ollie was really hungry and he managed to wolf down most of his sandwich by the time Ankh gets there, orders her food, and sits down. He wipes his mouth before he begins to speak.

"Really bad. Ghoster is dead. Along with Logos, an Arrow fresh into town; and Guy, a freshly Awakened who I was supposed to be showing the ropes. They're dead too. The park is a bad scene, at least at night. It's a long story and it's hard for me to tell, so bear with me."

He sits back in his seat and takes a deep breath.

"Logos, Zero, and I had gone out to the park at about sunset to do some investigating. We didn't find anything weird then, but we met Guy and Logos there. Guy was the one I called you about. The one who felt 'blank,' remember? Turns out he was just Awakened and didn't know it. So we took him to Tyria. Anyway, long story short, Tyria told me to teach Guy about magic and also to teach this other newly Awakened girl, Valkyrie. I owed Tyria, or rather she had me under a geas, so I agreed. Anyway we all split up. I took Guy and Valkyrie back to my apartment to talk."

"I told Ghoster to wait for me, but I guess he got impatient. I dunno... I never talked to him again. Anyway I got a text message from Ghoster talking about zombies in the park, basically. I told Guy and Val to stay behind but they didn't listen, and I guess I wasn't firm enough. I tried to call you on the drive to the park."

"When we got there we found Ghoster and Logos in the skatepark surrounded by zombies. The zombies has pushed a set of bleachers in front of the gate, and as soon as we got there it started raining making it super-tough to stay on our feet. We tried to get through the bleachers to help them, but we were too late. Logos was dead before any of us could reach him, and Ghoster got tore up real bad. I managed to kill one of the things, grab Ghoster, and haul him up the bleachers. I looked away from Guy for one second and they were all over him. It happened so fast and he was gone. I didn't realize it then, but his death broke Tyria's geas, making me practically useless."

He pauses a moment to sip his soda, and get his words together. This part was the hardest to say. He'd considered editing a bit out, but if the Provost found out he'd lied to try to make himself look better he'd look even worse than before. Honesty was probably the best policy here.

"So Ghoster's useless and bleeding, falling all over himself. Val is barely managing to stay on her feet with the storm. Everything I try to do is cursed by Fate in the worst of ways. We're all stuck at the top of these bleachers with zombies coming at us from both sides. I ran. It was all I could do. When I looked back I saw them tear Ghoster's throat out, and the horde of them were right on Val's heels. I watched her slip, and I knew she was a goner. I turned and ran away."

He sighs. "Turns out I was wrong, though. Tough chick. She made it out of there. No thanks to me, though. I went there to save people and ended up getting people killed."

He shakes his head. "Point is, though, is that the park is fucked. It killed my friend Randall and now it's killed three others."

He finishes the story, waiting on her response.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx walks into the bar with his bro. The drive for food had led them here.

PRE

The smell of the sandwich shop was intoxicating to Tug. He certainly didn't miss the strict diet he kept to when he was playing. He studied the menu until he found something greasy that came with bacon. He ordered and turned to Falx, asking "What do you want, man? My treat."

Then he looked around at the other people in the restaurant. Interesting crowd. He nodded slightly toward the table with the young woman and the guy with the skateboard. They looked about the right age to know what was going on.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

"Burger and fries. The military stuff isn't nearly as good tasting as the civ stuff." He leans back and smiles. Giving the impression hes drooling inside. His eyes wandering the place, habit was a bitch sometimes.

PRE

After getting their food, Tug leads Falx to a spot at the bar next to the intense, artistic lookin' guy, where they'd have a good angle to watch for a good time to talk with the couple he had indicated to Falx previously. In the mean time, he turns to the guy Tug had decided was an artist, and asks "Hey, how's it goin, man? You a painter or somethin?" He takes an enormous bite of his sandwich and chews noisily while he waits for an answer.

Viktor sips his coffee, and then looks over to the person who started talking. "Dancer. Well..not yet. Gotta set up new shows."

He doesn't seem to mind the talking, but he does take a bite out of his own grilled cheese.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx just smiles at his brothers loud eating but doesn't do much better on his burger. He leans back to address the person who brother is talking too. "What sort of dance?"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread