Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Meeting At Avalon

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Zoe walks into Avalon shortly after hanging up with Asa and heads for the office. Having all of Lioni's, Davis', and Icarus' memories for the last 50 years, she knows where to go. She also knows about the secret room behind the office where Davis used to hide all of his weapons and other training items.

Wonder if Prince Clarke does as well? She thinks with a smirk as she knocks on the door.

If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa got up and answered the door, taking a moment to look at the woman before speaking. He was pretty sure who it was, but one never knew.

The Mask of Tranquility drove him insane.

"Good evening, may I help you?" he asked.

Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Zoe smiles. "I hope so, I do believe you are expecting me." She holds a hand out. "Alder Lady Soldier Zoe Miller, Esteemed member of House Millarr. Pleased to meet you."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Welcome," Asa said, shaking her hand and showing her in. "I'm..." upgraded from 'Mister', apparently "...Alder Lord Prince Clarke," he repeated what she had called him on the phone.

"Please come in and make yourself comfortable," he continued, motioning to the club chairs and couch.

"My condolences for your loss," Asa said, not knowing what to expect from the visit.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Zoe takes the offered chair. "Thank you. The way I see it, they are your losses as well. I understand you were quite close to Alder Lady............" She trails off and gets an annoyed look on her face. "Ok, look, I am going to be straight with you. All of these titles and crap make my head hurt. Can we just skip them? I'm not used to being so............Invictus. Don't get me wrong, I have been a member of the covenent for longer then I remember."

She leans back in the chair, putting her left foot across her right knee. "But it was Dupree who was into all the Lady this and Lord that crap. She never quite broke me of the "uncivilized tongue". I always behaved myself in meetings because if I didn't I got a lecture from hell from her, but other then that I was allowed to be pretty relaxed. Do you mind if I just call you Prince Clarke?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Of course, please" he answered.

Maybe she had started with the titles because she thought I expected them? That's really interesting.

For all the things she seemed to know, did she not know he and Lioni had never been formal? Which was odd too, since she was saying that Lioni had been the one who was 'into' titles.

"I do consider them my losses, 'Dupree' in particular," he said. Asa didn't want to give her the wrong impression about their relationship, and that seemed safe enough. "We were good friends, and I would definitely say more so than I was with Davis or Icarus."

"I feel as if I've been told I have a relative that I never knew about, and you seem to know much more about me than I do you," he added. "Which, I don't mind, it's just very surprising when you say things that I was... careful... about."

Zoe nods knowingly. "Allow me to explain. When you join the house you will be telepathically connected to all members of the house at all times. Including those in torper. Everything you said to Lioni, Davis, and Icarus I know. Everything they thought and did, I know. Everything that has gone on in this city since the day they arrived, I know. So, I can see how that would be disturbing to you."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa just stared.

Now that was a lot to process.

So when Davis watched him Dominate Ace, they all knew. When he had called Lioni for Blood from his wounds at the Circle of Creation, they would have all known he was hurt. When Icaraus had asked him to Breach the Masquerade, the Prince's Hound knew.

"Joining a Dynasty is quite a commitment, then," he finally said.

Zoe shrugs. "Yes, it is. However, the benefits are rather large. You are never alone, you don't have to go running around trying to find the "important" people to make sure they have all the information, you are always connected to those you either care about or those that benefit your requiem the most , and there are a few nifty powers that go along with it as well. Also, if you drop into torper, you are not alone then either. It is very comforting to have people to talk to when you are asleep. It keeps the nightmares at bay."

She leans forward and looks at him intently. "That is why I wished to speak to you about joining the House. Should you choose to do so, you will be in charge of our holdings and affairs. I will go back into torper and it will be up to you to find two others worthy of House Millarr. I would prefer to keep the number at a minimum of four."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I see," Asa said.

Asa said it the way one says something because it's their turn to talk, not because they've actually processed all the information that's been given to them.

There was one thing he had to ask, because it was What do the Kine call it? A dealbreaker.

"Would you have any objection to Sheriff Naetesh being one of those two?" Asa asked.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread