Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Quiet Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Knowing that Ishani still might swing by the morgue to see what Asaan's death meant for her, Asa headed back to The Clare. Picking up his mail, he made his way down to their Haven, pulling his tie loose in the elevator. He tossed the mail on the dining room table, and went to change. Having to find a new tailor, now that his YSL suits had all been ruined, was frustrating. The Armani that he was wearing didn't feel the same; a bit tight under the arms and across the back. The suit jacket and shirt were quickly shed for a simple silk shirt, and he didn't bother with the cuff links. Very casual.

Asa hoped her talk with Culler and Konstantin was productive. Although he had calmed a bit --gone from seething to irritated, he still knew something had to be done. Shadow's selection of Elle had given him an excuse to give her a shot at Hound, but she simply wouldn't do. Questioning him about Ace's Haven in front of the city's elite was simply... unacceptable.

Most will see it as simple naivete or incompetence, but a few will take it to mean that the woman thinks she can speak to me however she wishes, whenever she wishes. I'm sure Ishani will.

At least they didn't have to argue about that, or about the willworkers. It was still a bit strange for him, to think people were out in the city, doing things he had instructed them to do. Rahyna had been right, though -- his was a position of delegation now. That thought reminded him of what a mess his personal affairs were.

With that airhead Aurelie leaving, there's a gap. I can't believe Lioni Embraced that. I still need to see if the Dracul library can tell me anything about Dynasties.

Lost in thought, he didn't even bother to turn on SportsCenter, simply thinking while he waited for Ishani to come home.

Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani entered the haven and made a beeline for the bedroom. She changed into a silk nightgown and then went into the living room. She sat on the couch and just stared at Asa.

She had so many things going on in her head that she wasn't sure where to start. The angry knot in the pit of her stomach told her this was not going to be a fun night for either of them. But, she would be patient and wait for him to speak first. He looked lost in thought at the moment and she did not want to interrupt him. Besides, she was still trying to figure out which pissed her off more. The fact that Elle spoke to him like they were fucking, or the fact that he apparently felt any kindred should have access to him? Huh, decisions, decisions.

Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hi," Asa said, looking up.

Was she staring at him?

"Is everything OK for you at the morgue?" he asked. With a city under siege, that was actually his biggest concern, even though he had a lot of questions.

"And how did Culler and Konstantin sound?" he added. Once he figured out that problem, he could relax. There was still a lot to talk about, especially her thoughts on Mars' suggestion.

Something was wrong, though -- her waiting to say something usually meant she wasn't happy.

Was it because I had Ace rounded up?
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani nods. "The morgue is fine, although I will miss Asan. Konstantin is a great canidate for Deputy and possible trainee to take over as Sheriff at some point. Arnold has experience being a Hound already, so I think he might make your best choice. Maybe we should try Konstantin out as your bodyguard first and see how he does?" She shrugs. "That is up to you though."

Looking around, she mentally calms herself so she will not begin the yelling..........yet.

She looks back at Asa. "So, is there a reason Elle speaks to you as if you two are fucking?"
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa grimaced and closed his eyes for a moment.

"Not an acceptable reason," he replied. "It was... completely inexcusable. I had hoped that you would find one of those men a suitable replacement for her. Tonight was her last night, then -- Arnold Culler will be the Hound."

God, that sounded so... polite.

"We aren't, you know," he added, looking her in the eyes. "Never have, and never will. I promise."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani laughs. It is more like a bark of laughter, but it is still full of humor and genuine mirth.

"I would never assume that you would...........have intimate relations dear. I was just wondering why she felt she could speak to you like that. I would also really like to know why you feel the need to allow any neonate to come and speak with you? How am I supposed to make sure no one fries your ass if you will let just anyone in your door to have a "chat"?"

The laughter is now gone from her eyes as she looks at him and he can see the anger in them now.
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"What?" he asked, genuinely confused.

He thought for a few moments, trying to remember if someone had. In all fairness, he might have forgotten, if someone had tried -- but none had.

Dots connected, too.

Is this why she mentioned a bodyguard?

"I don't think I have," he finally said, unsure of why she seemed angry. "Bella Orchid brought a special Acknowledgment to me -- an Embraced child -- but she's a Primogen -- unless you mean the Kindred she brought?"

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani shakes her head impatiently. "No, I was referring to Miss Scotts and her need to give you and you alone information. I've heard of sucking up to one's Prince but that is a little much for me. Especially since she has no titles here and has no right to come to you directly at all. I'm sorry Asa, but that does not sit well with me."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa tried not to laugh... and was successful. He grinned, though.

Little old ass...

"I'm sorry, Ishani, really. I don't think it's funny," he said, despite his smile. "You're right about what I should or shouldn't do... but Ms. Scotts wrote me a letter. She didn't come to see me."

"I actually didn't pay it any attention either. It basically said some Kine were killed at a boarding house," he added.

He paused for a moment to get the smile off of his face. It probably didn't help that she was mad, and he was smiling.

"I will remember though. You're right, and you know a hell of a lot more than I do about city business," he added. Asa didn't want her to feel like she was wrong, and glossing over her mistake was the only way he knew how.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani frowns, looking very confused. "She wrote you a letter? Are you serious? My God that woman is odd. Look, I don't want to make a big deal about this, I really don't. I just........." She trails off for a moment trying to figure out how to say what she was feeling. It was difficult for her since she had not allowed herself to feel much of anything in such a long time.

She leans forward and takes his hands, looking him in the eyes. "I don't want to lose you and I worry that your inexperience will lead to disaster. I promise not to reprimand you in public, ever. That would diminish your authority. But I need to know that you will be safe here, in your position. Otherwise I will have to find a replacement for the Sheriff position and be around you all the time. Just to be sure."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread