Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Lines

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Ruby had submitted a full report to Tyria. She made sure that it spoke favorably to the contributions of everyone who faced the Ananke, tt also recommended strongly that the strange device hidden in twilight be destroyed utterly at a time of nearest possible convenience.

She sits calmly in a tiny cafe, looking over a list of local exhibits. It's been so long since she's completed something, she doesn't know who'd be willing to put her sculpture in a gallery.

Starling sits down across from Ruby, with a steaming cup of coffee in hand. "You look a little down, sweetheart." He offers one of his amazing smiles and crosses one leg over the other, taking a sip.

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Oh, howdy Starling! It's been too long. You know how it goes, keepin' busy. Still trying to stop my head from spinnin' from after that obelisk business. How've you been? I haven't got the slightest what you have been up to these days."

Starling takes another sip while Ruby talks, and straightens out his rather stylish yet affordable shirt just a little. "Busy Busy. I mostly just spend my time making sure the Museum and anything involved in it runs smoothly. Gotta keep the crazies away from Tyria, after all."

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Ain't that the truth." Ruby smiles. "We're going to chart the town's ley lines before long. At least, last I've heard that's the plan."

Theo had gotten Phrymides to rerent a car for scouting the ley lines. He'd pack his bike and spear in the back. Pulling into a parking space by the small cafe he activated several basic spells. He was slowly getting into the habit of doing this. He still had to do it nearly every hour because he was unwilling to enforce the spell through mana but since they were all subtle he wasn't in danger of paradox.
    01-01-2008 10:00 Theo rolls 5 to Supernal vision (10 Again) 8,6,7,1,6 1 successes
    01-01-2008 10:00 Theo rolls 5 to Sense Ley lines (10 Again) 10,3,7,1,3,4 1 successes
    01-01-2008 10:00 Theo rolls 5 to Unseen shield (10 Again) 2,8,2,6,10,9 3 successes

Theo had remebered Starling mentioning going to a cafe latter. He hadn't heard the name properly but a search through the yellow page got a similar sounding shop. Theo entered the small cafe, scanned the faces and quickly picked out Starling's, as well as Ruby's. He had been meaning to talk to Starling but he remebered that the man didn't like to have his socializing interupted. But could this really be considered a "social gathering"? He'd ask his questions anyway, couldn't hurt.
    He approached the duo "Good day, to you both." Theo sat down. "How are you doing?"

"Yes, that is what I'd heard." Starling offers another of his over the top smiles, and then turns to Theo. "Good day, Theo. I heard you did well at your last task."

The smile is a little hollow with some regret behind it. "Thank you very much. It could have gone better though." The odd saddness in his expression is hidden more beneath a facade. "Besides, I haven't even start my assigned task of tracing the lines." he joked. Theo was pretty sure Dr. Primoria had intended him to be at the obelisk event, though, even if she had given him something else to do.
    "By the way, I was wondering if you would be able to elabortate on your recommendations for meditations in relationship to Legacies?" Theo could imagine Dr. Primoria's internal sigh at the rather blunt question.

Starling sighs, and switches the legs he has crossed. He takes another sip of his coffee, and then looks up at Theo. "Did you actually attempt anything I've told you about? Remember, if you want something special, you have to prove yourself able and ready to receive it."

He sets the cup on the table, and yawns just slightly, "Even with our ways, things don't just come to us because we want them to."

"I'm aware of that. And I have been trying. I've started meditation excersises for an hour each day. I've approached you on my own without aid of a social gathering. I am further studying the issue by asking you questions, since I'm fairly certain digging through old archives without direction is not allowed." Theo cocked his head slightly. "Or are none of museum staff able to be used as sources?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread