191 - 200
DISPLAYED
Club Inferno Revisited

(449) Prologue
Jan 24, 2017 - Jan 24, 2017
(449) See Whats Become
Feb 13, 2017 - Mar 7, 2017
Page 20 of 24 First ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Last

To Sean, Samael says "I am a creature of desire: desire for wealth, desire for possessions, desire for power, desire for another. By receiving payment for fulfilling others' desires and allowing them to act on them, I strengthen myself."

To Taylor, he says "As I said before, I will not tell the details of my transactions with others, as maintaining privacy regarding such things is part of each transaction. You have already met some of those I've gifted, however, and many more are up here right now."
    He sweeps his hand around to indicate the many patrons on this level, most of whom have gone back to their amorous endeavors. "They will not be able to tell you the details of our arrangements, but they can certainly tell you how they feel about their results."

To Aimée, he simply shakes his head. "No, this is one I will not answer, for obvious reasons. Since we have each answered one question, though, we are even, and your and my exchange thus ends with neither indebted to the other, per our agreement."

Idiot! I should have listened more carefully.

Taylor is about to give Samael another question to answer, but he/she hears his cell phone ring. Checking it to see who is calling, and excusing himself/herself from the table, Taylor takes a few steps away to answer it.

Prefect Bennett? I wonder what he wants...

Myrmidon McCoy runs over to the table where everyone is sitting and quickly jots his/her number down on a napkin. "You all will have to excuse me, but there is a small emergency I need to attend to." Taylor looks to Samael especially and slides the napkin to him. "Give me a call, after tonight, at your convenience. I'm very interested in your business."

Taylor offers one last smile to everyone as he/she turns and starts to depart Club Inferno.

"Good bye Taylor." Aimée looked after Taylor until he/she was out of sight. She didn't like the fact that he/she also planned to get help from Samael, but if Taylor answered truthfully earlier then that won't be much of a problem.

Turning back to Samael Aimée thought whether she had anything else to ask - sure, the answer to he previous question was to be expected, but it bugged her nevertheless. "I apologize, Samael. I shouldn't have crossed certain borders of your..privacy. Can I reenter the deal under the same conditions?"

Samael nods and says to Aimée "Yes, simply say that you agree to the conditions earlier stated."

He studies Taylor's card for a few moments, nods his head, then hands it to the nun standing behind him.

Samael then turns to Sean. "You said you would like the ability to do whatever you want. Not being omnipotent, I cannot grant omnipotence. However, you also said you would like to not live under the authority of others, and to have enough power so as to let others know they can't fuck with you. My question is this: What specific sort of power do you imagine might grant you what you wish?

It was getting quite interesting now indeed. "I do agree on the previously stated conditions."

Aimée waited for Sean to answer Samael's question before she asked her own. "Are there any devastating drawbacks to the things you grant?" Well, hopefully that's not off-limits either..

Sean
    Sean

PRE

"Yo, Tay! Don't forget it was you that got us up here, you crazy sexy scary mother fucker. You better fucking call me later." He grins at his departing friend, offering a small wave.

Sean seems to think for a few moments and the grin slides off his face as he does. It's as if he's wondering how to word this. Finally, he leans forward, placing his elbows on the table.

"Alright, see. In our racket who you are depends largely on the power of, let's say, your blood. There's all kinds of ways you can increase the power of your blood but the best way is through age."

"Now, look at me."
    Sean leans back, gesturing to himself as if to literally say look at me. "I'm a young pup, but even still my blood aint shit to fuck with. Good breeding you can kinda say."

"The thing is that I'm just tired of all kinds of ancient-relic-fossil-fucks thinking just cause they been around for a turn or two that they can boss me around. I want their power and I don't want to have to wait for it."

"To be more specific I want more powerful blood. I'm not sure you can understand that, though. That brings me to MY question for this round. What kind of dealings have you had with people like us before? I think you understand my meaning. You don't have to get specific, I'm not asking you for details. Just, a brief summary would be nice. You're good at those, aren't you Samael?"

Samael considers Sean's question for a long moment, and as he does so, he studies him. Sean can literally feel Samael's gaze, and though it's not as disturbing as what Lori experienced earlier, it feels decidedly uncomfortable. Samael's eyes appear to sparkle red as he looks at Sean.

"I have not made dealings with your specific type before, though I believe I understand what you are, and that it is within my power to grant what you are seeking. That would better be a more private discussion, however."

He then looks to Aimée. "I provide what is promised. The things I grant have no drawbacks not normally inherent to the things themselves. Wealth draws those who wish it for theirs. Beauty draws those who would like to possess the beautiful. Power breeds envy in those who have little, or those who simply want more. Some do not consider these facts, and find themselves ill prepared for the reality of what they wished for. In any business, there are those who bargain unwisely, and bring ruin upon themselves in the process. Caveat emptor."

Sean
    Sean

PRE

Sean seems amazed at Samael's claim that he can give Sean such things. He was somewhat skeptical, but nonetheless he would be talking more to Samael about it.

In the meantime, though "That makes it your turn, Samael, unless you're out of questions."

"Quite so," Samael replies to Sean.

He directs his first question to Aimée. "You stated you would like both revenge against a former mentor and influence, both among your own kind and within mortal community... so, three desires. Which of those do you desire most strongly?"

To Sean, he says "Specifics will have to be negotiated, and it is my place to name a price for the fulfillment of another's desire, but I am nonetheless curious... What is the most you can imagine giving for the sort of power you desire?"

Page 20 of 24 First ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Last
Closed Thread