Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
A Visit to the Vernal Sovereign

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
    S
    Soul

Zuke narrowed his eyes at Rumiko's remark and rudeness. Put them to use? He remembered that where ever he had come from, no one had dared talk to him like that.
    He also remembered that these kind of insults were usually disputed through a duel. His hand reflexively moved to the center of his chest, where he felt a slight tingling sensation.
    Zuke moved to the center of the small clearing and looked straight at the girl named Rumiko.
    "Lady Rumiko, you have been nothing but disrespectful to both Joshua, and myself." His voice was calm and collected, although his eyes appeared to glow ever so slightly more, and there was a slight edge to his tone.
    "I do not know the customs of this world, and perhaps ignorance is a part of it, but where I come from such rudeness is not accepted lightly.
    You ask our names, before introducing your own, you seem more concerned with your party than with two lost souls, and you condensed us with the few words you speak. You would even put use to use on a party we have not officially been invited to, or explained the occasion.
    We were brought before you for what I believed to be a reason, but it eludes me of what that could be. Even though you have brought us to your private garden, you have yet to tell us anything."
    he gestured around the clearing, still very composed and calm, sincerely waiting for an answer from the girl.

Rumiko's eyes narrowed deeply in return at Zuke, and her face turned from a look of glee to almost intense concentration. The sky above the clearing turned black as night, and lightning strikes the ground in several places.

"I am the Vernal Sovereign, Ruler of this Realm, and one would assume that the idiots who brought you here might have bothered to say as much."

The wind whips around the group as she speaks, a storm brewing above them all.

"You were brought here because you are new to this realm, perhaps I was mistaken in believing that your transition from Arcadia might be better served by helping out one who has been in this world for many years. I can have you thrown straight back to your Keeper right now, if you so wish."

Rumiko appears to have changed quite a bit as she spoke, the Wyrd around her altering her into a rather impressive caricature of herself, much taller, and much stronger.

d
    druidspath

Conrad is taken back for a second, though its unclear why. Then he speaks in what might be his natural baratone voice that seems to naturally reverberate in the area. "Good Zuke, please be calm. I sympathize with your plight and concern. You are new here, not just to this land, but to this time as well from what I can gather; and things are quite different. That would be enough for anyone to be concerned about, and on edge to boot. I assure you The Lady Rumiko meant no offense. Zuke, if you would accept my tuttlage let us step away from here, let tempers and fears subside. I will attempt to explain what Rumiko meant, in terms that you might be more accostomed to." Conrad tuns and gives a descrete wink at the Soverign. With that, Conrad places his palm flat on the doorknob, ready to open it under the assumption that atleast Zuke will join him; hopefully Joshua and Derry will join too.

S
    Soul

Zuke felt the power of her Wyrd resonate within himself. It was impressive even though he had a distant memory of something much, much more powerful. Perhaps it had been from this Keeper she had mentioned?
    Without flinching Zuke gave a soft smile, his face lightening up for what seems to be the first time, and then he gave a short bow to Lady Rumiko: his hands were before his solar plexus, one palm held open and the other as a fist resting against the other. It was a sign of respect from where he came from, and he felt certain that even in this realm it would be seen as such.
    "I thank you for the clarification, Vernal Sovereign of Sacramento Rumiko." He said and came back up.
    "At least now I know why I was brought here, and it would be an honor to help plan the party for the ruler of this realm." His words were sincere, and his manner still as calm as before; the edge they had held, now gone.

He had not expect such a powerful individual to be so readily accessible. Couldn't someone have told him before that they had been brought before the ruler of this realm?
    He had learned a lot today.

Derry's mouth drops open at Zuke's rudeness. Spoiled little boy! she thinks. I'd better get him out of here for his own good before he gets in bigger trouble.

"Yes, let's go, guys", she says to Conrad, Joshua and Zuke. She makes shooing motions. "Come ON!"

Derry smiles nervously, hoping she won't have to actually push the two new ones out of the room. She grabs the list from Rumiko's desk. "Always lovely to see you, Lady."

"[color=blue:8uzod9op][color=blue:8uzod9op]Anyone else coming?"[/color:8uzod9op][/color:8uzod9op]
    Derry's eyes meet Conrad's and she desperately hopes that he's ready to get the hell out of Dodge.

d
    druidspath

Conrad dosen't wait for a response from Joshua or Zuke, hoping they will follow Derry's lead. He cracks the door abit, peeks to assure no mortals are about, and slips into the hallway. He holds the door slightly ajar for the others that he hopes are following close behind.

Once everyone has found their way into the hallway, he speaks in a suggestive tone "might we find other places to go? A bar, or one of the confrence rooms near by? We could always go to my place, its not far from here, adjust 2 blocks way." Conrads inflection shifts from one sentence to the next, for some unexplicable reason.

She can control the weather! At first Joshua was just slightly irritated by Zuke's rudeness (seeing that they were guests here and Joshua was used to being treated worse than others), but as soon as the scenery changed, most probably by the wims of Rumiko, he began shaking. Needless to say, the threat to be taken back by her didn't do any good, either. Luckily, Conrad suggested to get away from here - he nearly fled headlessly himself. Carefully he bowed a bit before Rumiko, muttering a "thank you" and left the place.
    Outside the tension left him a bit. He shortly looked at Derry, then at the floor; he was ashamed that his arrival meant so much trouble for the two more experienced ones; the place of action didn't really matter for him, as long as they didn't decide that he and Zuke weren't worth the trouble (which they surely would).

Derry bounds to the office door of the room and says to the room "If you want to join us, we'll be going to the Empty Orchestra- it's a Karaoke bar, and they do a really wicked good pizza."

She looks back at Joshua and Zuke with a strained smile, "Guys, let's ROLL!"

[If you're coming, I'll be in the "Empty Orchestra (Anyone)" thread.]

(moved to 'A less empty Orchestra than usual')

S
    Soul

When he saw the others leaving he was slightly confused as the ruler had not dismissed them yet.
    This world was strange indeed.

"Please understand that I was unaware that we had been given the honor of standing before the ruler of this realm. I remember that where I came from it was seldom easy, nor a good thing to be brought before the King, and he most certainly was never as casual and loose." Zuke said the last part with a kind and warm smile.
    His entire body language had changed since the bow. He stood a bit straighter, the tension having washed away from both his voice and body. Even his movements had become ever so slightly more fluid and graceful; everything combined he appeared very respectful and reverenced.
    "If you will allow it, I will take my leave now as well, Lady Rumiko."

As he was waiting to be dismissed, he thought about the words he had just spoken. He felt very comfortable around this ruler, as if such an audience was something he had experienced often in the past, and he had mentioned a King without even realizing it.
    It would appear that his memories were not lost completely, and he felt a new wave of confidence come over him.

((If Rumiko dismisses him, he will give another slight bow and calmly leave the way they had come, following the others.))

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread