Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
On the door...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Darren Nash

PRE

The night was humid but nice as Darren stood outside the main doors of the Gilded Lily, just as his shift starting as a small group gather to gain entrance. Wearing a navy shirt and black pinstripes, Darren looked the part of professional doorman and made extra sure he kept his eye out for any trouble.

He also had an ulterior motive: to see if he could notice the small tell-tale signs of the Kindred that Aura had shown him. If he wanted to integrate into her world more, then he would need to understand it.

When there's a quiet moment at the door, Martin steps out from the club. "Everything going all right here?" he asks, taking a look around. He's wearing an ill-fitted suit, a slate grey color that doesn't really complement his skin tone. "No problems, Darren?"

"Yes sir, no concerns at the moment." He smiles to his boss and , since the queue had died down, decides to get to know his new employer more.

"So, Mr. Carpenter, what do you think of the club? We haven't really had a chance to chat."

Martin makes a thoughtful noise, considering the question. "It's a nice location," he says. "Very good decor, very welcoming. I've never been much of a smoker, but perhaps I should start, eh? Try to fit in." He smiles. "But it is nice to have a more high-class establishment available. Something that's not all pumping techno and bright lights. And you, Darren? What's your opinion?"

"Honestly sir?" He shrugs and smiles. "Its a little out of my league but I understand what you're saying; a place above and beyond mind-numbing bass and disco balls," he chuckles, crossing his arms across his muscular chest and glances down the queue to check.

Looking back at Martin, he asks, "Sir, do you mind if I ask you a question regarding the old manager?"

Martin shrugs. "You may ask, certainly. I warn you that I don't really have much information. But you may ask."

Darren Nash

PRE

Darren nods. "Why was Neil replaced? The first I heard of it was when I met you for the first time. Not that its any of my business, was just wondering," he quickly adds.

Martin is quiet for a minute. "Mr. Coben was not meeting the expectations of the owner of the Lily," he says. "I'm afraid that's all I know." He offers a wan smile in apology.

"No worries, sir, just being nosy," he laughs.

The smile goes a bit wide, back to normal. "Not a problem, Darren. It's within human nature to be nosy." He glances at his watch, and nods to the doorman. "I probably ought to get back inside," he says, "and do my job." With a wave, he steps back in to the club.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread