31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Lunch with James

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh takes the box and opens it.

Her eyes get wide as she pulls the dress from the box. "West it's......beautiful. Where did you get it? I've never seen a dress like this before and I do try to keep up on fashion." She says with a small smile as she holds it up to herself. Realizing that it looks like it would fit her perfectly she frowns. "Did you have this specially made?"

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Yeah," he said, with a smile. "Ummm..."

There's this fetish club I sneak off to, and they had a fashion show.

West wasn't a stranger to omitting details. There was an amazing amount of deception one could accomplish and still be speaking the truth; he had learned that from the counter-insurgency work he had done for the Army.

Lying was different. To him, at least.

Everything changes the first time you lie to someone.

"Hmmm," he stalled, then pushed past it. "There was a fashion show, there were flyers for it at Avalon, so I went. I saw this dress, and thought you'd like it -- but then the designer never called me back, even though I talked to her about having this made for you."

Why did he feel like he was apologizing? Or making excuses?

"Anyway," he continued, "I still wanted you to have it, so I had one of the Mysterium's Materiamancers make it for me."

'It makes it much less magnificent to think it was done by a mage to me.'

"It was the only way," he added, remembering her words in Paris.
    Nimbus

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh laughs. "That fashion show at Asylum? The fetish club? You went to that? Well shit, I wish you had told me. I wanted to go myself, but thought you would........er.........have an issue with it. So, I decided to stay home."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"What?!" West asked and exclaimed.

Shouldn't he have known? From the first shopping trip? Well, no -- that could have just been a taste for that type of clothing. Just the clothing. That might still be all it was. But. She named the club, and not the clothing.

"Have you ever been?" he asked, intently curious.
    Nimbus

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh shakes her head. "Not officially, no. I went inside once to see if it was a real fetish club or just some poser place. I've seen a lot of those in San Fransisco. Once I realized it was legit, I wanted to go back. But then I got busy and things got.........complicated." She shrugs.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West rubbed the back of his head, as if it were a genie lamp that would provide answers.

"Do you mean 'complicated' as in, we met?" he asked. It still felt odd to have such frank conversations, and especially about something like this -- but she kept surprising him.

It was also nice not worrying that Kai would walk in at any minute.

Would Asylum regulars recognize the dress?
    Nimbus

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh looks a bit sheepish. "Uh yeah, complicated like that. Then the whole Consillium thing and well, I just haven't really hadf the time since. You know?"

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West nodded. Probably wasn't the time to tell her that Calligan Wellmer, an Apostate named Rip-Tide, and a fellow Arrow had all been brutally murdered.

He still needed to figure out who could be sent to talk to this new owner of Avalon, since Davis was gone.

"It's ok," he said, "things have been crazy lately. Maybe when things calm down, we could make an 'official' visit?" he asked, carefully neutral.

West unconsciously wiped his hands on his slacks. Damn, was he nervous? Excited? Both?
    Nimbus

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh nods, forwning, noticing West's sudden nervousness.

Ok, was it something I said?

She leans forward and kisses him, making it last a big longer then usual. Pulling back, she smiles. "Yes, I'd like that. I think we could both use some release. Especially with all the strange things we've encountered lately."

"Ah," he sighed, smiling as she pulled away, "Yes, I'd think I'd like that, too. A lot."

Maybe Fate had stopped hating him.

"You could wear the dress," he added. "I don't think anyone else spoke to the designer -- she seemed really surprised that I would want a specific one."

"Or that blue velvet dress," he said with a grin. He still hadnt' seen her in it.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread