Martin pens a missive after his first night at the Gilded Lily, before going home for the day.

---

Dearest Edward, Most Munificent, Father of My True Life,
I put pen to paper this evening to bring you greetings from this state’s capitol from your childe, Martin. I bring many tidings of my time here in this City.
In my first nights within this city there was a meeting of the Blood, and I was called, and I came. Although our Family has few in this City who have impressed me, I was quite gratified to note an important personage within Sacramento: Baron Quinton Jones, a cousin of ours with an august lineage. I have heard stories of his family line and was quite excited to discover he and his childe were both here.
Unfortunately, before I had occasion to speak with the great Baron, an ancient of some import recently awoke in this City. Many of the elders of Sacramento have been destroyed, and although the Baron is yet unaccounted for I fear he may have been one of them. His childe has disappeared, as well; and his estate is barred to me, so I may not gain the secrets he had there. An unfortunate loss, in many ways—no doubt he had much yet to offer La Charpentiere, long may her works be praised.
There is, however, a silver lining to this recent situation. Amongst the destroyed was this City’s Prince, Fredderick, whom now is so much dust floating on the wind. His replacement is one of our own, Asa Clarke, a Kindred of quality. In his ascension to the highest office within this city Mr. Clarke has chosen me to be one of his Primogen. I of course said yes. I shall serve him faithfully, Edward my Father; but my service, always and forever, shall be to the Name of Carpenter, and to La Charpentiere. Long may her works be praised.
I shall write more soon, my Father.
Your most humble servant,
Martin Carpenter