Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Dropping Off

Gideon arrived at the church and he looked down at Cassie before entering she was holding a stuffed toy in one hand and a beheaded barbie doll in the other smiling at the man through the eyes of a nine year old child Gideon suppresses a shiver down his spine as he looks at her glad that she would no longer be in his church she gave him a bit of an uncomfortable feeling but he had sympathy for her that she had lost her mother and was now being sent to a place she didn't know to a woman she didn't know.

"Are we going to stand outside all night Giddy or can we go in now." she asks in a child's voice that held a slight giggle to it.

"Yes little one we are now I want you to be on your best behavior ok" he says as he opens the door and enters the church in search of Bella.

Bella sits in the sanctuary awaiting the arrival of a new charge. She had received the letter a few nights ago, explaining that a member of the church had died leaving a very small child behind. Since she had experience with child kindred, the girl would be sent to her in the hopes of getting her out of their hair.

Bella had shaken her head in dismay when she read the letter. Although the Sanctum claimed to be nothing like the Catholic church, sometimes their sweeping of unpleasant things under the rug seemed so mortal and Catholic it was pathetic.

She turns her attention to the door as it opens and smiles broadly at the adorable little girl. "Well hello there Cassie. I am Bella Orchid, your new guardian. It such a pleasure to meet you."
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Cassie gives Bella a very large smile and walks towards her she gives a curtsy to her "A pleasure to meet you as well Mrs. Orchid" after speaking to Bella she turns around "Was that good enough Giddy I can be polite see." she turns back to Bella "I am happy to be here and thank you for having me." she transfers the beheaded barbie doll to the hand with her stuffed animal and extends her hand out to Bella.

Gideon stands back while the two introduce themselves to each other "I have her things out in the car I will go and get them if you would show me where to deposit her items and I am sorry if there is any inconvenience to her being sent to you Inquisitor Orchid."

Bella takes the girls small hand and shakes it, then looks up at Gideon. "No inconvienence at all, sir. Please just bring her things inside. I will take her to my haven to get her settled in."

She turns her attention back to Cassie. "I have a room all ready for you, with it's own bathroom. This way yu don't have to worry about walking across the hall in just a towel after a shower." She says, giving the girl a conspiratorial wink.

Gideon exits the room to retrieve Cassie's things and bring them in.

Cassie smiles broadly at Bella "Really my own room my own bathroom I don't have to share really truly honestly thank you Mrs. Orchid thank you very much." her eyes are beaming with delight at the prospect of not having to share her room. "Mrs. Orchid can I call you Bella or something else... You mean that we don't live at the church I use to live in the church this is gonna be great." Cassie twirls herself in an excited circle.

Bella laughs. "Yes you can call me Bella and no you will not have to share. I spend enough time at the chruch I certainly don't want to live here. As soon as your friend brings in your things we can go back to my appartment and get you settled. Then, though, we need to talk about getting your presented and speaking with your clan Priscus."[

We will discuss your mother's death later. She thinks solemly.

"OK Mrs. Bella." she says with a smile as she sits down and starts to play with her toys and waits for Gideon to come back.

Gideon comes back into the church loaded down with suitcases and bags he sets them in the corner of the room and bow slightly to Bella "Inquisitor this is all of Cassis's belongings is their anything else that I could for you before I return home.?"

Bella shakes her head. "No, nothing else will be necessary. Thank you for bringing Cassie all the way here. I will make sure she stays safe and healthy."

She picks up Cassie's things and starts to head out the door to put them in her car.

Closed Thread