Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Running like the Wind

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

At first Joshua didn't even recognize the change of scenery - instead of running through the Hedge's brambles, ignoring the tearing and ripping, he ran through the streets of Sacramento. He didn't stop running, however. Running seemed to be his second nature and he had to force his legs to stop moving.

Taking a few deep breaths, he looked back; his escape seemed blurry, like the memory of a nightmare he had. Did he do it? He couldn't tell how he got through the thorny maze mostly unharmed, but he couldn't keep on running for now either - the adrenaline rush that pushed him that far subsided and he leaned against some wall, trembling. Staring at the direction he came from, he slid down and finally sat on the street. His legs were shaking fiercely now and he burst out in silent tears of relief and exhaustion.
    After several minutes his tears have dried and he felt enough strenght to carry on, to at least get out of plain sight. Besides, he wanted to look for the coffee-shop where the girl worked; he guessed he owed him that much.
    Carefully he tried to make out where exactly he was and which direction he had to take, always ready to run away if something didn't seem right; his legs were tired and his feet hurt, but he wouldn't go back there. Ever.

~Narration~

You see a street sign that says 16th & Q, and across the street is a small park, full of children and their parents. A parking structure lies behind you, and down the street are a few run down warehouse buildings.

Seeing that people probably meant safety, Joshua headed to the park and then towards the direction, which (to his knowledge) lead his old "home".

~Narration~

As you walk through the park, you see what looks like a film crew taking down a set, and a very strange, dark woman sitting in a director's chair near the edge of the set, wearing an almost medieval dress and an unnatural fog settled around her.

Upon seeing the fog around the strange woman, Joshua's stomach cramped - sure, he is not the sharpest tool in the box, but if he had the chance to flee there were probably others, who escaped from the Weatherman's realm.

Uncertainness and fear gnawed on his nerves. What if she worked for Him? Would she even listen to what he has to say or would she be scared by him? Joshua just had to look at his arms to see that he wasn't entirely human anymore.
    But on the other hand, this place, although recognizable enough for him to be sure that it was Sacramento, changed while he was gone - he didn't even know how long he had been gone, so he could well need some help.
    His hands were ripping away small bits of skin - clouds - almost mechanically as he stood there thinking. In the end, his optimism helped to bring a decision: if something went wrong he probably could get help from the people in the park, so he could dare to talk to the woman.
    Slowly he approached her.

Tiffany turns her head slightly, and it becomes much more obvious as you approach that she's not of the normal variety. "Good afternoon. Anything I can help you with?" She pushes the hair from her face and leans back in the chair, not looking directly at you just yet.

"Uh.. yeah. I - I was kinda hoping you could tell me what time it is." he muttered. Hesitantly he added "And what date. " He was looking at her in a hopeful way.

"Well, it's April, in the year 2009. Right now it's about three in the afternoon...early finish for my show, thank goodness."

She smiled at the poor kid, and stood up, forcing the fog around her to subside for a few minutes at least.

April 2009? It's been pretty long and Joshua's astonishment was pretty obvious. A wave of disorientation nearly overwhelmed him - what if she didn't work there anymore or worse, what if the coffee-shop didn't exist anymore? He had nowhere to go to, no aim. The stupid thought that his escape was probably in vain crossed his mind, but he ditched it again; he had his freedom back, afterall. Yet..
    I'm.. could you please help me? I'm looking for a place called..
    That was odd. He couldn't remember the name. He just knew what it looked like inside and that a small silver bell rang, when one entered. Suddenly his legs gave in again and he had to sit down. He looked her in the eyes.
    Help me.. please.

Tiffany holds out her hand, and waits for him to take it. "What sort of place are you looking for?" She smiles and pulls him up when he takes the hand, "Perhaps I can take you there after I've changed."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread