41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Reporting the Nightmare

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

"Just ask for one of the owners, one of us is here at all times."

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John nodded. Experience has taught him that most criminals don't actually return to the scene of the crime, but if anyone else takes an interest in this beyond law enforcement...Then that could be a problem.
    "Yes, I'm still with you." Strange city and strange place. Anyone thats helped you thus far is worth trusting. To a degree anyway.

E
    Em

Navaja leeaves the freezer, and walkes out of the kitchen into the ally. She waits for John, then turns to him and says "How are we going to do this? We don't have a car, are we just gonna sit in some bushes across from a crime scene? Cause that'll look real innocent."

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

"Well stay in contact." John called after Vivan as they left. He kept rubbing his hands as they reached the ally.
    "Actually, thats the only thing we can do right now, though it won't be too much of a problem. Inital protection of crime scenes is where police presence is highest. As evidence is gavered and taken in for anailisis, officers are called off to other crimes in progress. In a few days the place will just resemble a haunted house." John shivered at the word, it wasn't apporpriate for this situation. "We'll stay in a small hotel somewhere, keep an eye on the boardinghouse and scout out a hollow when we get the chance. What do you think?"

E
    Em

Navaja looks at John with a mix of surprise and suspicion. Thoughts tumble through her mind, one after the other. What the hell, he sounds like a cop. Is this a trap? I haven't broken any laws. Not even His. Is He just waiting, then John'll snatch me and... no. John's been cool. He's helped me. There's a better explanation. This is just paranoia. It has to be. We've seen two court leaders, no one's noticed anything funny. She shakes her head to clear the thoughts, and nods at John.

"Sure. I need sleep. I'm getting a little crazy from all this stuff. She looks like she's trying to convince herself of something, and keeps glancing at John. "So, um, how do you know all that stuff?

I can trust him. I can trust him.

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John shrugged. This was bound to come up in conversation at some point. He hoped she didn't have a history or things will go south quickly. "Before I was Taken, I was with the Boston PD. Was never able to go back after my fucking Fetch decided it would be a good iead to screw with my life." The last part sound bitter and, well, rather sad at the same time. He shoved his hands into his pockets. "What about you?"

E
    Em

Navaja sighs, almost with relief. She knew there had to be an explanation. At least she hoped like hell there did. "Grew up in San Francisco. I was in the gangs for a while before I went straight, and went to college. I actually was a high school teacher. She still is, as far as I know. That's why I came here. SanFran's a big city, but I figure there's only room for one of me."

She pauses for a moment, closes her eyes, and draws in a breath and says "Look, I trust you. But cops really really freak me out. Maybe later I'll tell you about it, maybe, but... It wasn't a problem I had when I was teaching social studies, if that's a hint. So if I get all weird when you go into cop talk, it's nothing personal, seriously." She opens her eyes and looks apologetic.

"Now let's find a place to crash."

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

Gangs? At least she went straight when she had the chance. John though for a moment. Now this was shit you would expect in crappy cop sitcoms in the 80's. He shook his head and sighed. "Sure, I'm beat. Can't exactly keep an eye on a boardinghouse if its closed after all."

Vivian makes her way through the kitchens and peeks her head out the back door, where Kyle is busy necking away at the girl he made desire him. "Kyle, sweetheart, I have a job for you if you're not too busy keeping my staff on breaks."

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

It takes a moment for kyle to pull himself out of the fog of Glamour he's been harvesting, and he shoots a irritated glance skyward. Couldn't she see he was busy? Kyle is nothing if not gallant though, what did she say her name was again? Ah, Susan. Well, probably Susan.

"Susan, I'd like to continue this somewhere more, ah, comfortable, but duty calls. Call me?" He flashes his guileless, blue puppy-dog eyes and slips her a card with his voicemail number on the back. Maybe she would and maybe she wouldn't, there would always be more fish in the barrel, so to speak.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread