Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Reporting the Nightmare

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

~Narration~

John notices a few grey and brown leaves fluttering out of the door to the kitchen as people walk in and out with various dishes.

Em notices the menu in her face.

E
    Em

Navaja glances at the menu, then hands it back to the maitre'd "Um, thank you."

She turns around and walks back to John, and whispers, "Any other plans? I can't afford a $20 appetizer just in hopes someone shows up sometime."

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John thought about this for a moment. There was definitely someone in the kitchens, just wasn't sure on who. "Someones in the kitchens here. Could be one of them. Any ideas how to get in there without causing problems?"

E
    Em

"Sort of. It's going to have a back door, and that's our most direct route. Wandering through the dining room we get a whole see of onlookers, but through the backdoor the most we get is a confused kitchen staff thinking we're begging. The question is, once we knock on the back door, how do we get to see someone whose name and position we don't know?" Navaja considers this for a moment.

After a few seconds, she raises her head, "Come to think of it, I do have a plan. It's not much of a plan, but if you've got nothing, it's worth a shot."

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

"I'm drawing blanks here at the moment, so anything might be a good plan. So long as it doesn't involve us being chased by angery hotel staff." John said as he got up from his seat.

E
    Em

Navaja pulls out her map and rips off a piece. She scribbles on it "Please help us relay urgent news to the courts."

She heads swiftly out of the hotel, and as she walking, she says quietly to John. "Here's the plan. We work in a bookstore. A two customers, a man and a woman, were in today and one of them dropped this. One said that they worked here, but we can't remember which one. We don't know they're names, but we'll know them if we see them. We're both here because we have a bet. You think the woman worked here and I think it was the man. Sound like a plan?"

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John thought about it carefully. There was alot that can go wrong with this plan, but then again it was something he could work with if he didn't screw up. he gave her a nod. "Yeah, it could work. Lets get started."

E
    Em

After quite a while walking around the huge building, Navaja finds what she was looking for, a service door that opens out onto a large ally with dumpsters. "This is my bet for the kitchen door. I'll let you knock. You're stronger, and you probably knock louder."

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John nodded and banged on the door. He made sure he didn't accidentally open a doorway to the hedge in the process.

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

There's an eye-hole in the door that allows someone to see who's trying to get in to the kitchen. There's a glint of light in that beady little black dot, like someone's looking at the two of you.

Then you hear a laugh, and when the door opens you recognize where you've heard it.

The coyote-headed changeling sticks his head out the door. Kyle looses a devastating smile at the two of them and with a great deal of dignity, says, "Boo."

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread