Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Lily - Under New Management

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

After a quick meeting with the staff, Martin walks the floor of his club. Well, not his--Asa's, really, his to give and to take away, just as he had with Neil. But that was mere technicality.
    He speaks with some of the guests, getting to know who his patrons are. He's in what passes for his best suit--a deep chocolate, it doesn't quite fit him perfectly. The tie is white, and silk, and may cost as much as the jacket he's wearing.

Aura heads in, having missed the meeting, wondering what is going on that she doesnt see Neil.

She hopes Darren arrives soon after her, catching the feel of Martin's beast from across the room.

"Excuse me?" she murmurs in that perfect lilting French.

He looks up from the couple he was speaking to, and excuses himself from them, and steps over with a smile on his face. "Miss D'Or," he says, "I hope the evening finds you well." He bows to her, slightly.

"It does, is everything alright? Mister....." she tilts her head, trying to recall if she has met him.

His smile grows a little wider. "Everything is excellent tonight, yes." He pauses, then seems to note her confusion. "I'm, ah, I'm Martin Carpenter. We haven't really been formally introduced, but I've seen you in passing, at the... family meetings. You're Baron Dupree's childe, yes?" His voice is a bit lower, and he steps closer, to ensure that no one might overhear them.

"Yes, I have since been released Monsieur Martin..." she murmurs, her accent putting a very pretty lilt on his name.

"Has something changed?" she asks, tilting her head. this angle accentuating her beauty.

"Ah, release," Martin says. "An exciting time for you, no doubt." He listens to her question, then nods. "Indeed something has, Miss D'Or." He motions her aside, to be sure they are out of earshot. "As you may know, Priscus Clarke owns the Lily; he has selected me to run the establishment."

"Oh...but I thought...What happened to Neil?" she asks, remaining surprisingly calm.

Martin shrugs. "I'm afraid I'm not privy to the details, but Mr. Clarke seems to be rather unimpressed by Mr. Coben's tardiness to family events. It does not speak well of a man in his position that he would not see us during such important times."

"Ah I see, well the family comes first," she nods seriously.

"In that case Mister Martin, would you still like for me to tend the bar? I believe that I have done a more than adequate job thusfar..." she smiles pleasantly.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread