31 - 38
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Home of a fallen hero

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Firebringer

PRE

Spoiler

"Unless one of you has a car, burying it in the back yard would probably be easiest."

T
    Thorfred

Spoiler

"I don't have one. What about you Steven? Is the backyard safe enough? If someone sees us we get tons of problems." Something tingles in the back of his mind, but Grip-of-Steel just shrugs and concentrates on the task at hand.

w
    wolfman1911

Spoiler

"I don't much like the idea of having a corpse in the trunk, but the alternative seems worse. If someone sees us burying a body in the back, you can bet the cops will dust every inch of this house, and none of us are wearing gloves. Originally, I was planning on us talking about somehow acquiring this house to use as a headquarters, but I'm not sure I ever want to see it again.

"I was also going to suggest that we find a totem, but that seems to have been pushed aside by a number of questions. The leading one seems to be: where do we go to dispose of a body?"

T
    Thorfred

Grip-of-Steel thinks for a moment: "Safest place would be in the Shadow I think. Humans can't follow us there. It doesn't feel very good, but...

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew sighs. "I think that's his ghost floating over there. If we had some way of speaking with it, we might learn something useful about what happened." Am I sure I want to learn what happened?

w
    wolfman1911

"Can we dispose of a body in the Shadow? I don't think we'd be able to take it across the Gauntlet unless we dedicate it, and I'm not okay with crossing naked with a corpse on my back. That might not apply at a Verge, though."

When Matthew mentioned the ghost, Steven added, "Yeah, I feel it too. I'm out of my league with ghosts, but I can only assume that it's here because of the body. So will it follow us if we move the body? And if so, what happens if we go into the Hisil? Will it follow us through?"

Firebringer

PRE

"We can use the Verge at the school if we can get to it without being seen. About the ghost, I guess there's only one way to find out. And if all goes well, I can ward the Verge while we're there.

If we can't get in, dedicating the corpse may be our best option."
    Matthew grimaces slightly at the thought.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

The group of you decide to bury the body. It doesn't take long to do a makeshift grave. You leave the house, locking it up before you head out.

End Scene
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.