Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Leave Out All the Rest

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Her eyes are bright with love and fear. "K. I'm counting on you." She half slugs him in the arm, picks up one of the flares they've placed in a pile on the ground and walks over to the camera they've trained on the pyre. She turns it on, checks to see it's recording and has the date and time, the light illuminating the dark night, and then moves in front of it.

"My name is Antoinette Coeur de Lion. I am the daughter of Philippe and Marie Coeur de Lion, but I am the Childe of Alder Baron Senator Quinton Jones. And love of Neil Coban. Or, Ventrue Neil." She smiles to him off camera. "And I love all of these people dearly, with all my heart." The tears are spilling down now, she can't stop them. Not on a bet. "I am choosing to end my Requiem tonight as I believe I have lost my Sire, Baron Quinton, and I don't choose to bear the pain of continuing to live my unlife bonded to a non-entity. But I wanted to make this video, for the record, so that no man, kine or Kindred, could ever accuse anyone of aiding me in this venture. I take it on alone." She looks down and thinks for a moment, then looks back up a the camera. "Mom? Dad? Quinton? I'll see you guys on the flipside."

She turns and walks off camera, embracing Neil once more, sobbing and staining him with her blood. Then she reaches in her pocket and pulls out a letter and a CD. "For the ride home. K? I love you."

Antoinette then walks to the pyre stacked higher than her with wood, climbs gingerly up it, flare in hand, and stands where she knows the camera is focused. She whispers something Neil cannot here, then she ignites the flare and tosses it down, flinching as the flames catch immediately around her. She feels herself start to move down the wood to bolt away from the fire, she just can't help herself. She hopes Neil will be fast.

d
    defarious

Quickly moving to Antoinette he looks deep into her eyes seeing the fear and fighting past him own fear and self hatred at this point. "My love sleep a deep sleep, sleep" her lack of resistance making it easy for him to slip into her mind and deliver his suggestions as his voice naturally calms her.

As she slips into sleep he gives her a soft kiss as the flames lick at both of them he pulls away picking up the camera and walks away wanting his last memory of her to be her sleeping peacefully and not burned to a crisp.

Getting in his car he begins his drive back to Antoinette's place putting the Cd she gave him into his CD player wondering what she gave him to listen to.

04-11 17:31:08 Neil rolls 10 dice to INt+expresion+Dominate (used WP) 5 successes
    8,8,6,7,8, 9,5,6,9,5

On the very long drive back into the city, to face the responsibilities he's missed, Neil hear's this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-9FZ...rom=PL&index=1

Leave out all the rest (Linkin Park)

I dreamed I was missing
    You were so scared
    But no on would listen
    ‘Cause no one else cared

After my dreaming
    I woke with this fear
    What am I leaving
    When I'm done here?

So if you're asking me
    I want you to know

When my time comes
    Forget the wrong that I've done
    Help me leave behind some
    Reasons to be missed

And don't resent me
    And when you're feeling empty
    Keep me in your memory
    Leave out all the rest, leave out all the rest

Don't be afraid
    I've taken my beating
    I've shed but I'm me

I'm strong on the surface
    Not all the way through
    I've never been perfect
    But neither have you

So if you're asking me
    I want you to know

When my time comes
    Reasons to be missed

Don't resent me
    Keep me in your memory

Forgetting all the hurt inside
    You've learned to hide so well
    Pretending someone else can come
    And save me from myself
    I can't be who you are

When my time comes
    Reasons to be missed

Don't resent me
    Keep me in your memory

Forgetting all the hurt inside
    You've learned to hide so well
    Pretending someone else can come
    And save me from myself
    I can't be who you are

I can't be who you are

d
    defarious

Neil pulls up to his home a single bloody tear going down his cheek, his clothes are covered in blood but he doesn't care. He walking into his home putting the camera on his table as he walks into his room the sunrise was almost here he felt sluggish as day sleep approached combined with the amount of blood Antoinette had drank and his own frustration he collapsed on his bed not even bothering to change clothes as sleep took him almost immediately.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread