Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Looking for directions in the coffee shop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    E
    Em

Navaja opens the door to the coffee shop and holds it, gesturing to John. "After you."

She uses the time holding the door to scan the room. It looks like an overpriced coffee bar, a few middle class looking people picking up their lattes and mochas, some reading newspapers. She mentally classifies it as 'probably safe,' but would still rather let John in first.

~Narration~

The coffee shop is, in fact, an overpriced middle class coffee bar, and it looks pretty safe, if not busy. The barista has his hands full with a crowd of people at the counter, and one of those folksy guitarists sits in the corner playing.

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John shrugged and stepped in, holding the door open for Navaja. He never really liked coffee shops. Plus the prices in these sorts of joins were high as hell. Someone actually pays that much for a coffee? Cheaper to brew it yourself. He though.

"I don't think anyone is going to attack us in place like this." He said to the darkling quietly as he waited for her to come in.

E
    Em

Navaja enters, "Thanks. I know, I've just been jumpy since getting here. I was wandering around for a few hours before I found you guys, and that sort of thing can sometimes..." she trails off.

She shakes her head to clear her thoughts "Right. Directions." She heads over to the guy with the guitar, and waits for a break between tunes, her cheap map in hand.

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John opened his mouth to ask, but quickly closed it. There was no need to ask about everything about a persons life. Especially when you only just met them.

He walked over and waited next to Navaja for the guiratist to take a break. He looked at the prices for coffee and shook his head.

~Narration~

The guitarist looks up after finishing a set, "Whaddaya want?"

E
    Em

Navaja feels a cold chill up her spine. She can feel herself almost losing it, and wants to run somewhere, but she has no place to run. She tries to make herself look tough so that the fear doesn't show.

"We need some directions to the Four Seasons hotel. Can you help us out?"
    She offers him the map, hoping he can pin point the spot, and she can get to the finding a place to live and hiding under the bed part as possible.

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John stood there, keeping his gaze switching between the map and the guitarist.

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

As John watched, cold, dark fear rolled through his body. His face locked in abject terror. He found me? No. I was carefull. How did the Old Man find me? John took several deep, shallow breaths before looking at the guitarist. "We need to know. Now." He said a little harsher than he should, but he wasn't going to be taken again. Not after everything he had gone through just to get this far.

E
    Em

Navaja's mind races. Where to hide? Empty building... no he knows them all. Back to San Fran by myself is suicide. Stay with John. Safety in numbers. He'll only arrest one of us, that a 50/50 chance. Do not go back to the city streets. No, I can't sleep in the coffee house. Have to get to the Four Seasons.

"Look, if you don't know we'll find someone who does. So answer me, dammit." She's getting desperate and that makes her scary, like a junkie about to knife someone. Not the best way to get what she needs right now, but she's desperate at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.