Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Haunting About

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

After leaving the spectacle of the Grindhouse, Anton Flores wandered to the rack. It was time to feed at long last. Seemed like weeks since he's let his Sin drain that good samaritan. It was Saturday, so he waited outside Asylum, clearly an arena for degenerates and derelicts to cavort under the facade of 'being liberated'. He saw doughy civil servants, who'd stuffed themselves into latex and rubber; all dressed up with no place to go, spiritually speaking. The Haunt watches those leaving and idling about the mouth of Asylum, ticking off his criteria for sustenance. Too drunk. Plainly tweaking. Probably thirteen. Amongst friends. He lurks at a bus stop, selecting his prey, considering what religous context their fates might fall into.

He appears in the same dishevelled shortsleeves, slacks and tie from the Grindhouse, though the recent press of other Beasts leave his fingers unconsciously curling into bony hooks and a slack, smiling mouth twitching faintly.
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

J
    JollyGiant

Before too long, still dressed in the suit that he had worn to Court earlier in the evening. On anyone else, the suit would have looked nice, but Harry the Haunt managed to make it look uncomfortably tight. He's looking around mostly for food, but as he nears the Asylum, he sees a familiar sight. There's another Kindred there -- he doesn't know who, but the guy was sitting in the Sanctified's section, so Harry's opinion of the man was already higher than he held many others.

Approaching cautiously (not wishing to startle the more powerful Kindred), Harry says, "Evening Brother, what did you think of the evenings, shall we say, 'festivities?'"

With a jerky twist, Anton's attention snaps from the gallery of human offal congregating across the street onto Harry Walsh. The Haunt's Beast crackles like kindling under an atrophied heart, stoking a desire to cast down and defile. He ignores it, recognising the man, offering him a smiling nod. He speaks with a haggard yet oily voice.

"Brother Walsh, was it? Evening, there. Tonights happenings? Seemed a peacocks pageant, to this sinner before you. That was at first. Seemed, by the meat of the affair, that I'd blown on in during uncertain times, what with that reshuffle. The punchline? Well, ain't immolation just a 'blink and miss' brand of theatrics?"

Anton loosens his tie with an arm of tapestry flesh. His eyes are on Harry, glinting with hunger.

"How about you, Brother? What'd you make of it?"

J
    JollyGiant

"As you said, I found it rather theatrical, though I must say I am happy to see the Priest, Nicolo, take a position of power. Our church might yet become even more a force to be reckoned with in this fair city."

Harry is clearly pleased with what he has said, visions of the Spear rising and taking control of the city flitting behind his eyes, but for a moment his face becomes troubled. "That Dragon though," he says, not bothering to elaborate further. Even saying the words leaves a sour taste in his mouth.

"But enough of that, what brings you here tonight? Late night snack?" he asks, luridly eying the passing Kine in their fetish outfits.

Anton's eyes follow the assembly line of vessels as he nods, causing wound of his throat to contort like a milk-white Rorschach test. An arm comes up to present the nightlife of Sacramento. It's an amorphous enigma, riddled with cyphered messages of Damnation, old and exalted. Anton's voice drops to a low whisper.

"I strive to be uglier than these Roman times. To be the Sinner's mirror. Something Man can look upon and see something he don't want to see. Something that's been burning since this world's been turning. Something like where he's headed. Seems these nights he don't even want to look. So I find myself wanting to deliver him my own self. You ever feel like that, Brother?"

J
    JollyGiant

Harry is a bit taken aback by Anton's words; he had never been the smartest man, and here he was speaking with some Damned poet. He now felt the intimidation his Beast had whimpered about when he first saw the man -- it seemed that Anton might be his better in intellect and power. All he could do was try to equal the fervor with which his companion spoke.

"I can't say I've ever said it quite like that, Brother Flores, but I know the feeling exactly. They must be forced to see how dark the night can be before they can turn to the Light, and we must the deepest of shadows, the most dread of nightmares."

The slack smile stretched across Anton's nodding head spreads an iota, causing it to twitch slightly. His arm comes down and his brings his voice above the crackling whisper.

"That's right, Brother. Nightmare. Made flesh. That's exactly it. That face of torment. That..."

Stopping abruptly, Anton pulls himself from the brink of another tirade and straightens his tie again. He tilts his head downwards slightly, as though there's a lick of embarassment to him.

"But it's plain I'm preaching to the choir here and for that I apologise no end. Been away from that dark choir so long that the truth just up and decided to gush on out of me. How about you, Brother? What brings you out here?"

"I know that feeling, of which you speak."

His voice is heard before he can be seen, a hideous walking monolith coalescing from the shadows wearing a spattered green raincoat.

"Except I don't care what the Kine see when they look upon me. I know what I am, even if they do not. Superior. Greater by virtue of my preadatory nature. You may say it was God who gave me this power, and you may be right, but it makes no difference to me."

He regards the kindred, the beast roiling and pulling beneath the surface. He orders it silent. He smiles, revealing fangs that glint beneath the shadowed hood of the raincoat. "Good evening, to the both of you."
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

J
    JollyGiant

Harry is about to answer Anton when the newcomer steps from the shadows, and instead of giving his reply as intended, he turns to the voice, the last traces of his smile withering.

"And good evening to you, though I feel I should tell you that it matters not what you yourself believe. You are still doing God's work here. You may think you are greater than the Kine, but the Lord punishes those who go too far. Need I remind you of what happened to the former Gabriel Marcus?"

Great, now he was preaching. Harry doesn't even know this newcomer, and speaking like this certainly wouldn't win him many friends, but then again, he supposed that wasn't necessarily what he was going for.

Anton's brow furrows for a second. He doesn't balk at the enormous newcomer and the Beast doesn't tug at it's many hooks. It was difficult to recognise him under that hood and that raincoat, but Anton was reasonably sure he'd heard that voice among those fellow Nosferatu seeking acknowledgement.

"Was that his name? I'd echo what my peer here just spoke and remind you that power lent was the least of what God wrought upon you, but I just did that, so I'll introduce myself. Anton Flores. A good evening to you."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread