DISPLAYED
Meeting with the Children

Very Interesting Predators
Feb 14, 2022 - Feb 17, 2022
(Grand Opening) Some steps aside
Feb 16, 2022 - Mar 8, 2022
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Narration:

As she talks, Elaine pours herself a cup of tea and drops in a bit of honey from a bottle on the table. The tea gives off a strong minty scent.

"Well, let's see. Other than the specifically Native American worship groups in the area, the Children are Sacramento's oldest pagan faith organization. They were formed 40 years ago by my mother, and I took over when she passed. We have a total of..." she looks at Vicki

"53 registered members, at least on paper" Vicki finishes for her.

"Right. We all come together for high ceremonies, otherwise the 43 tend to worship in four separate groups. There are three other priestesses, including Cassandra," she gestures to her daughter, who is back sitting with her friends now, watching the Slayer and the vampire continue ... whatever it is they're doing. It looks as if they've gone from knocking each other through walls to a rather more intimate sort of grappling. "Cassandra started a chapter of the Children at Sac U this fall, and it's been quite successful. They have nine members, including her friends there, Cynthia and Elliot. I'm the high priestess for this area."

She thinks for a moment... "Well, let's see, what else. We're a nondenominational pagan organization, followers of all pagan paths are welcome, including the Native American ones, and we include devotions to the male aspects of the divine, though we focus most of our ceremonies on Goddess worship. Aside from our faith work, we have an active program to raise money for local food pantries, plus we volunteer for various environmental causes. One of the other priestesses is the proprietor of an organic orchard and dairy farm, and all of the groups hold partial ownership in that and do some work there."

"And right now the economy is killing us," Vicki adds, not looking up from her paperwork.

"This Sunday's service will also include members from three of the smaller, independent pagan groups from the area, plus a few friends from out of town who are coming down for the event," Elaine adds. "What else would you like to know?"

"Wow, you guys sound super organized. Our little assembly is nothing to what you got. It's really cool how your daughter's started up a chapter at the college and that you let the Native Americans practice their traditions."

"I don't know how much more I need to know, you answered pretty much all the questions I had. Uh, where do you usually hold your high-ceremonies? Must be quite a location if you're hosting fifty-three-plus members."

"We don't really have a set location for the bigger ceremonies," Elaine explains. "We tend to move them around a lot, so as to avoid unwelcome attention from any of the less tolerant Christian groups. Mostly we do them at area nature parks, or one of the state parks within a couple hours, occasionally on some private lands. It helps that we have a couple members who work in parks and rec, and have a good working relationship with some others with the county parks department.

"This year we're actually able to have our summer ceremony the city, at a wooded area of the William Pond Recreational area, along the American River. We just had to pay an extra fee to use the area after dark, plus we agreed to spend a couple weekends helping out the county with some park clean-up projects. Not as natural or as wildernessy as we usually go with, but it's nice and accessible and centrally located, plus we figure the city could use some positive energy. We did have to agree to not let the ceremony turn into a drunken, naked orgy."

"Those darn spoilsports," Vicki chimes in. "We'll just have to save that part until we get back here after the ceremony." Elaine rolls her eyes and shakes her head, though chuckling.

"So, anyhow, that's the plans," Elains says. "Could you tell me a little more about your group? You said your leader is 'known to you as Circe.' I'm guessing that's her ritual name, but do you not know her actual name,?"

"All we know is Circe. I've never felt the need to ask her real name, myself. She seems like she's been doing this stuff a really long time. Real wise."

Lori stands up, prompting Sean to stand as well.

"I think that's are all the questions we had, unless there was something else you wanted to ask."

She takes a slip of paper out of her pocket and hands it over. "That's got High Priestess Circe's phone number on it. You can call her if you have any questions for her. She can tell you a lot more about the Singers than I can."

"No other questions, but I'll give her a call," Elaine says, taking the number.

"So, do you think your group will be attending the ceremony?" she asks.

Lori looks blank for a second, then looks embarrassed "I'm sorry, what ceremony?"

"Oh, I assumed you knew, which is why I mentioned the location," Elaine explains. "It's this Sunday."

Lori thinks "Well, I know Sean and I have something going on during the day."

She smiles. "Tell us what time the ceremony is and we'll let Circe know and try to be there."

Elaine says "It's at 11 pm. Well after the park closes, but like I said, we've got some contacts in Parks and Rec, so we managed to swing it. It's open to all area pagans, and sounds like a perfect way to welcome you to the area and introduce you to some people. So, please inform your Circe you're welcome to attend."

Sean
    Sean

PRE

Sean and Lori say that they'd like to make it, and will if they can.

Then they say their goodbyes to Elaine and her family and leave the house.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread