Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Weary Folk Stop to Sit and Chat

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

"Yeah, bye," he says, watching her leave with a quizzical look on his face. Turning back to Grobbler, Pryderi says, "What a peculiar young lady. Must'ave been something I said. Anyway, where was I?"

Aaaand she's gone.

"Wow, OK."

"That's an Elemental for you, hehe. Think you were talking about the band you toured with. Were you big time? I wouldn't have thought no one'd notice if you vanished on tour. Is... he still playing."

"Not that I know. From what I've learnt, they became big in certain circles, especially around Britain." He shrugs before continuing, "They took 14 years of my life before I escaped. I thought I was gone for 6 months." Pryderi then goes silent, gazing into his glass at the half recalled memories.

"Six months...? Six months?" Grobbler tries desperately to stop from cracking up. "Who was your Keeper, Teddy Ruxpin? Huh-huh-ha."

He shakes his head and slurps down a huge gulp of the Devil's piss.

"No, man I'm sorry. That was fucked up of me. Didn't mean that, you're just lucky. Most of us don't get away so quick..."

"No worries, dude, its good to get it off my chest. I know how lucky I am but still, it feels strange to be back, you know?" Pryderi downs his drink and orders another couple. "So, how 'bout you, wanna share?"

"Share? There's not much to it. Blah blah, got kidnapped, life ruined, purple monster, and now I hang out with fairies."

The bartender catches only the last part of the conversation while pouring drinks and gives them the stink eye.

"Yea, you wish buddy." Grobbler waves him off and rolls his eyes before picking back up.

"Anyway, there were only six of us when we were at in Montana. Didn't even have any Summer. And that lasted maybe a year... max, before one of us got taken back. Of course, we fell apart after that... and I ended up coming here looking for family. From before, I mean."

Grobbler nods thoughtfully, talking now more to himself to his company.

The Muse sits and listens, feeling the bittersweet moment they have both shared. He then raises his glass to the Ogre, "To new company and lost memories," Pryderi toasts before downing his drink.

"What do you say about getting hammered, talking for hours about pointless subjects and coming round with stinking hangovers?"

"I thought that was the fucking plan." He slams the second drink.

"Whew! Goddamn it burns so good."

"So what the hell is up with the Freehold? I get this weird feeling from dealing with those guys, like there's a whole bunch of shit that they've got going on they aren't letting on to. Strange as hell."

"Tell me about it, I fucked up after only a month. Had something waking me for my mistake, subtle threats and all. I only went with Spring in an attempt to make myself feel better. Not sure its working though," he says, ordering a double for them both.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread