Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Night of Sophistication

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    J
    JollyGiant

Getting back into Kindred society was more difficult than Harry had anticipated. After his initial visit to All Hallows Church and subsequent disfigurement (and really, disfiguring a Haunt? That's just adding insult to injury), he wasn't feeling too confident. Nevertheless, he decided to hit the Elysium. He had never been to Ballo Della Notte, but if he wanted to meet the high class, power hungry Kindred elite, he decided that was probably the place to be. If he was lucky, he might just find someone who needed something done -- a job, if you will.

So he bought a ticket (not a very good one, mind you) and decided to hit the town dressed in his Sunday best, a charcoal suit, white shirt, and light blue tie. The suit fit him fine, but something about that classic Nosferatu unease made the already heavyset Haunt's suit look just a little too tight, and on anyone else, it might have looked fantastic. Here at the Ballo Della Notte, however, he looked like a poor schlub getting his first real taste of culture. However out of place he might look, Harry still had a ferocious confidence about him, a predatory aura that comes with being the Lord's own righteous beast. He could only hope that the other Damned souls in attendance might notice, and make use of his particular skills.

Approaching the doors, he looks around, mainly to see where the ticket collector is (is it inside? Probably. Seems too classy to be the kind of place where they take your tickets outside), but also to see if any other Kindred are around.

{Wits+Comp, PM me the roll please}

J
    JollyGiant

Hm. Harry didn't notice anyone of particular interest (those who might rile up the Beast in him), so he continues on to his seat. He might as well enjoy the show if he's already here, and who knows? Maybe he just got here early. If any fellow bloodsuckers show up, he would be ready for them.

Martin showed a few minutes before showtime, looking around as he entered the theater. He had been told this was where the Seneschal was, and he had been putting off meeting with her... best to do it now before he ticked off the wrong people and got staked.
    It was very unlikely he was going to meet her now, or at any time for that matter. But he didn't know that. And so, he enters the theater, waiting to see if his Beast becomes riled.

J
    JollyGiant

As far as Harry can tell, it's a few minutes to showtime, but the (few) other theaters that he had been to in his life had been notorious for starting late. He hoped this might be true of all theaters, because he needed to stretch his legs. Getting up, he walks back toward the lobby. The place looks nice and all, he thinks, but damn, it's pretty dull. Luckily for Harry, the night looks to be getting more exciting, as the sight of one entering individual causes the Beast to flutter in his chest, giving a rush of predatory thrill.

Someone else showed up after all, he thinks with a grin.

Martin looks around, sensing the presence of the other Beast before he realizes it. He gives Harold an appraising look, a quick up-and-down, and nods to the man. "Good evening," he says, voice slow with caution.

J
    JollyGiant

"Evenin' sir," Harry says, a little less cautious and a little more confident than his counterpart. He extends his hand in greeting. "I'm Walsh, Harry Walsh, good to meet you. And you are?"

A small smirk is plastered on his lips as he speaks. In his dealings with those outside the church, Harry was never lacking for confidence -- odd how that worked, he supposed. Like he had his own special secret that only he knew. Hopefully that confidence would reflect well, instead of making him look like an asshole. The latter option was probably closer to the truth.

Martin takes the hand, and pumps twice before releasing. "My name is Martin Carpenter. A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Walsh. A pleasure. Are you associated with, uh..?" And he gestures with his left hand around the theater.

J
    JollyGiant

Harry stares blankly for a second, though the asinine smirk never falters, before realizing what Martin is asking. "Oh, Lord no. I'm afraid I'm just here for pleasure. I had heard that this was a safe place, so I thought I would drop by, have a look around. Y'know, mingle with the up and comers and all that. No, my usual haunt," and here he laughs wheezily at his own awful pun, "is All Hallows Church. Don't get out much, you see."

"How about yourself? Seeing what there is to see?"

"Yes," Martin says, "I believe my motives were much the same as yours. I thought I might have a night out and introduce myself to the Seneschal at the same time--I understand that Twist is to be found here, somewhere. But," he adds, looking around, "I have yet to see her. No surprise, really; I came by unannounced and there's no reason for her to be glued to this place. We all have our duties."
    A bit long-winded, this guy. He sounds a bit disappointed at having missed Twist.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread