Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
THREADID

A Challenge

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
    w
    wolfman1911

"So what, it's not enough that you murder our Alpha, you have to slander his name too?!" Steven was angry. Several stresses were teaming up to piss him off. First was the fact that they'd just been trounced in their own territory by a pack with one fewer member. Second was that his injuries HURT. Third was the false face of anger that he was having to keep up, when in truth he wanted to howl just as the others had. Finally this bastard wanted to lie about Steven's Alpha, and then offer healing as if everything was okay.

"Whatever, I don't want your healing. II want nothing more to do with you. I'll heal on my own."
    Steven started to walk away, then stopped, and turned at the waist. "Shall I take the body with me, or can I trust you to not piss on it too?"

T
    Thorfred

Grip-of-Steel listens to the accusations and declarations thrown back and forth. He hasn't healed, he hasn't got over this all, but he starts to see all the consequences. He stands up, leaving a pool of blood behind him and turns to Matthew: "You are now the alpha Matthew. What are your orders? I'll follow you, like I followed Taylor. Even if it would mean my death."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Tony turns to Jason.

"If you desire, I will teach you the Funeral rite. He deserves it." Is all Tony says. He is still troubled by what he had to do.

Tracy shifts out of urhan.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew activates The Right Words

Matthew mentally curses Skolis for having given his children such a heavy burden. "Steven, stay here and let him heal you. I know, you're not supposed to show weakness, but don't let your pride force you into betraying a greater weakness. Being unable to defend yourself when the Pure come calling is much worse than letting Tony perform rite of healing."

Matthew was too tired to come up with something truly eloquent. He hoped that what he had said would be enough.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Tony takes note of this new information. "Steven, I beg of you, take this healing as a gesture of contrition, for I have sinned. It was through my words that your alpha was killed, and I beg of you, please allow me my contrition." His speach is formalized...a rite perhaps? Though he does seem sincere in his desire to help.

w
    wolfman1911

Steven stops walking, what else could he do, his new, now formally recognized Alpha had spoken.

"Very well." He said, then addressing Tony, he added, "if you want to teach me,then I will learn."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Thank you, Steven WhiteLightning, for your kindness shown to me."

Over the course of the next hour, all of your agg is healed, but it used up EVERYONE's essence to do so.
    In the meantime, Randall Richardson, appears from hiding, and comes carrying wood, which he stacks to make a pyre.

Tony turns to Steven
    "Watch, and follow. The Pure bury their dead, we burn them." He places Taylor's body on the wood.
    First Tongue: "Great spirits of flame and fire, watch over us this night. One of our honored dead has met his end, and Joy is stricken from our hearts with his passing. He was young, too young to have done all that was alloted for him. His pack succeeds him, and those demands fall to them. But I declare, O great Luna, that I had done wrong by this man. I did evil unto him, so I beg of you, O fates and fortune, to levy his responsibilities onto me and my pack. Let his pack follow their own destiny, do not strain them with another. For they are strong, and graceful, and brave, and do not deserve to be weighted down by the weakness of a duty too heavy for anyone to lift. I beg you, O great spirits of flame, to take this Uratha from us, and carry him away from all of the hate and suffering that surrounds this land. May his dust give rise to new life, may his spirit find solace in you, oh comforting flame, for you cleanse us of our misdeeds, both past and present. Cleanse this wolf of all sins, and carry him away from us." He indicates to the pack that this is where they should sprinkle some of their blood on the pyre, and say a few words about their alpha.

w
    wolfman1911

Steven followed along in the ritual, taking the lead when his turn came up. He sprinkled blood over the fire and spoke.

"There aren't a lot of Taylor Roads out there." With a grim chuckle, he added, "I guess there's one less now. You were only the third one I'd met, and the other two are relatives. There just aren't that many people that are willing to legitimately give a damn about someone when they have no reason to, but you were one of them. You took me in and treated me like a brother. I won't forget that."

His expression and tone are carefully measured, he pauses whenever the slightest amount of emotion seeps in.

Firebringer

PRE

When Matthew's turn comes, he sprinkles his own blood on the fire, not even trying to hold back his tears. "My pack is the only family I have left, and losing family is always painful. When I first came to this city, Taylor welcomed me and helped me get my bearings. He led his pack well and showed honor in all his dealings. He will be sorely missed."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Tony nods in thanks to those members who spoke.

"May Luna take her child, and forgive him his sins, as she forgave all of our sins so long ago." Flame spring up on his hand, and then springs forth, encircling the pyre.

Narration:

He and the rest of the pack now shift into Urhan form, and howl out a howl of despair. The rest of the Shadow seekers follow suit. They watch the body burn for an hour, before the supernaturally hot flames have consumed him entirely. Each group goes their seperate ways.

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7