Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Emergency Daeva Meeting

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Rahyna looks around the room realizing that no one is going to question this woman's authority she stands and looks at Elle.
    "Let me start by saying that I mean no offense in what I am about to ask but I feel it needs to be asked" taking a brief second to collect her thoughts she continues on "I am wondering how it is that you are the only one who seems to know that Twist has left town and that she conveniently can not be reached to corroborate your claim to the position of Priscus it all seems a little strange to me." again Rahyna took another moment for her words to reach all that were in attendance before she continued "What proof do you have that you are not the reason for the sudden uproot of our Priscus and Seneshal?" with that last question Rahyna took her seat again with a look on her face that was unreadable.

PRE

Elle smiles at Rahyna, having expected some resistance.

I take no offense to what you say Madame Harpy, of course. I dont believe that what Lady Twist and I say to eachother or agree upon in the privacy of our bedroom is of consequence. Suffice to say, that I am her closest friend and confidant, to put it delicately, and the emergency was so pressing that she had time only to tell me just as she left. Elle replies calmly.

What proof? What proof would you like from any of us to be reassured that they are not the reason she is gone? You could request the same from anyone, a bum on the street, or me. Unless of course you are questioning the orders of our noble Senechal who appointed me in her absense to be the priscus of our clan and lead in her absense. I certainly would not want to be the one who disobeyed Lady Twist while she was away. Who knows what her mood will be when she returns from such a trying journey. And let us not forget that she has the ear of our Illustrious Prince who does not take kindly to those who disobey within their clan. Elle comments.

D
    Dinale

Reed's eyes flicker toward the new arrival - wondering if all of them decided to play who can come the latest. His gaze strayed to the others - taking the opportunity to memorize their faces - if not their names - which hopefully, he would learn by the end of the meeting.

Reed continued to keep a nonchalant face as he listened.

Pillow-friends. He wondered.

The real question was - who was going to take the absence Seneschal position while Madam Twist was gone on her emotional journey. He kept an ear out for the things that were not being said. He had to smile - using another's name to hold authority within the group - made her less than she could have been.

Perhaps, that was just his opinion.

"Thank you for your enlightening reply, Madam Moraine, I'm quite sure that Madam Harpy was just voicing the doubts within the room as it her right per her station - and felt that such misunderstanding would be better cleared up before rumors sprouted around. I'm sure the Prince will make such announcement in the next court." He said, giving Madam Harpy a polite nod, before turning his attention back to Moraine. "I felt that there is more that you wish to tell us. I believe you were discussing about Gabriel Marcus - and his capture?"

Of course, I take no offense from our Harpy, I am just trying to explain to the best of my ability. It is of course very distressing to have Lady Twist absent. And I am sure the Prince will decide on a temporary Senechal as well at the mandatory court. she nods.

As for our cousin Gabriel Marcus I participated in the blood hunt for him and he was apprehended and taken by our Sherriff to be detained. My guess is that this mandatory court is concerning his punishment.

"No one is doubting your closeness to Twist but you have contradicted yourself in your statements that she only had enough time to tell you as she was leaving the bed you claim to share and then in the next breath you claim she has the ear of the prince well apparently she felt your ear was more alluring in this instance so by your account the prince is unaware of her absence therefore your claim to Priscus is quite unfounded." Rahyna pauses for a brief moment and looks at all of those in attendance "I am not claiming that she did not say these things to you but many things are said in the heat of ones passions that are later regretted once the sun goes down the following day and as many know the Davea is a fickle creature and can change their mind in the blink of an eye and perhaps her not letting the Harpies of the city know of her absence and replacement is her way of showing that her mind has changed."

As the senechal she always has the ear of the prince, you misunderstood the intention of my statement. I am the only one she informed that she was leaving. I also tried to make clear that I was not replacing her, rather I am just keeping things in order until her return. she replies, staying calm and collected.

Then please let me know what you suggest we do Madame Harpy... I am only trying to do what is best for our clan, and follow Lady Twist's wishes.

Rahyna looks at Elle and smiles at her
    "Mrs. Maraine I hope you do not misunderstand my questions with all that has been going on in the city one can not be too careful even within ones own clan and if my assumption is correct and the Prince is not aware of the seneshals' absence then I am sure he or his other advisors will have some of the same questions for you that I have asked since you are claiming to be the last one to see her and you are claiming that she left you in charge while she is away." Rahyna takes a deep breath before continuing "Back to what you say about trying to do what is best for the clan please enlighten us on what you feel that is in Twists absences?"

Svana listened to the exchange and realized she was bored. Obviously this Elle person seems to think she has the right to claim the Priscus position.

Svana looks around the room and notes the looks of doubt, nevermind the Hapry's? out spoken words of denial.

The factthat both women were speaking in circles as to not directly offend the other was tedious. Why can't these people ever say what they mean without a mass amount of useless babble before hand?

"If the Seneschal left the city without informing anyone of importance, like the Prince, what makes you think she is coming back at all?"
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

K
    Killian

Whoa, wait....

What?

Fickle? 'Daeva are Fickle'? I hadn't heard generalities like that since fuckin' Vegas, and I kicked that little motherfuckers ass.

Because I am not fickle.

High-Strung, maybe....but most definitely not fickle.

"I was a Priscus once. It sucked. Have fun with that job. It's thankless."

S
    Soul

Marius had sat down and listened to the back and forth like the others, but was quickly growing bored out of his mind. There was no debate here, as by the usual laws in kindred society, Elle was not going to be anything more than a whip, until the Prince decided otherwise.
    At least he would see the others' reactions, and learn a bit about this lot.
    Thankfully he soon saw, that he wasn't the only one not interested in politics. He would see how things develop from here on.

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread