Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
THREADID

The Howl

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    B
    Breaker

Breaker looks over Keys' shoulder at the locations, "The Quarry does seem to have a lot of open area around it. We can see intruders long before they see us and we will have the added bonus of being far away from prying eyes. That means we can use all the weapons and forms in our arsenal without too much hassle." He gives Keys a push with his shoulder, "Oh, and Keys has access to all the gut-rot crap food she can handle."

He looked over at Snow, "When do you want us to scout the area around it? Buyer beware and all that."

Johnny, who had approached the group quietly, and had worn an amused grin at the successes of Keys' web research, suddenly turns more serious.

"And how long do suppose the new neighbors 'ill take to stop by and say hello?" he asks rhetorically.

B
    Bodycount

Bodycount grins. "Yes, the quarry sounds like a good choice. We should go and have a look at it at the first opportunity."

B
    Breaker

Breaker looked at Johnny, "Let them come to us. Considering how recently this area was cleared I would say their situation will match ours." He took a deep breath and smelled the air, "Besides, it is always good to know who your neighbors are..."

He exhaled and smiled, "even if you have to put your foot in their ass to keep them in line."

P
    Prax

A lanky young man who had been hanging towards the back of the group walks forward and lightly taps Snow on the shoulder with his right hand, his left hand appears to be occupied with holding a four-foot bamboo pool over his shoulder.

"Qingyi, something has me a bit confused," he says addressing Snow while he scratches the side of his head and peers at his fellow Iminir curiously. "Now, perhaps I misunderstood, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that one of the primary reasons you and yours decided to relocate was to avoid all of the messy entanglements that came from being surrounded by enemies on all sides."

"If that's not the case, I don't think that last exchange worked out as well as you might have hoped for. The laodan didn't even try to hit you and you made absolutely no effort to insult her heritage! Now, I can give you some tips for next time if you like. I'm pretty good at getting old ladies mad enough to strike me. You should have seen what my Aunt Jean did to my backside this one time after I- Ahh, but that's a story for another time," Wukong says as he smiles at Snow and waits for her answer.

Any humor that was on Breaker's face instantly disappeared as Wukong came forward. He positioned himself at Snow's shoulder once again, hoping that his sister would give the signal to stomp this snake.

This one thinks he is an equal. thought Breaker, He comes to us with his tail between his legs and believes he knows best. He flexed his hands at his sides, If Julia won't put him in his place then I will have my own talk with him.

Johnny lets out a low chuckle, as he gazes quickly to each of his packmates, catching momentarily on Breaker, and then jumping to the alpha. The newcomer's sarcastic criticism was entertaining, but the response it might elicit could be even funnier.

E
    Evil Empryss

Keys' grin faded as Wukong questioned Snow. Can't he wait to push her? Like maybe until -- oh, I don't know -- we're some place private so we don't have to worry about outsiders watching a power struggle? Nothing like letting enemies and allies think our new alpha might not be in complete control.

{sigh}Must be a Storm Lord thing.

But it wasn't Keys' place to say anything about Wukong's attitude, and besides, the rest of the pack looked split between backing Snow and just watching to see the outcome. Don't know what he's expecting, but where Papi had the experience behind him to let something like that slide and not lose face, could go either way how people think if she does it. Then again, gettin' too angry only makes her look bitchy.

"Pa kounye-a, mal-Makak" Not now, bad Monkey, she mutters under her breath in Creole as she looks back down at the map on her phone. It was only about half a mile from where they were in Old Sac to the place they were considering for the den. As she calls up the list of amenities between the park and the den, her stomach growls audibly in the tense quiet. With a happy stage whisper she turns to Johnny and holds out the map for him to see.

"Hey, Johnny, there's a Taqueria Jalisco's only a block from here!"

B
    Bodycount

Bodycount turns away from the rest of the pack as the tension rises, and walks back up to the crest of the hill by himself, looking out across the river. He crosses his arms, seeming to lose himself in thought.

Y
    Yeled

Snow stared at Wukong for a long moment, considering him. She could take action to put this newcomer in his place, and let him know he has to earn the right to criticize her so sarcastically. Some of her pack wanted her to, that was clear from their reactions. But that probably wouldn't do her much good, and it wouldn't earn her any respect with those who weren't most loyal to her. Things were too uneasy here for her to start asserting herself as some alpha's might have done. Besides, she had a better idea.

"So," she finally began, "you think I was a bit harsh. And you're not comfortable with my methods. Fine." She smiles mischievously.

"You are now in charge of making nice with the neighbors. Find out who they are and introduce Los Sangrientos to them. Start by locating the local tur and informing all the packs in the area that this territory from Q street north to the river is ours now, and that we do not forgive trespassers without permission. I've been involved in too many territorial fights to allow free movement. Breaker and Johnny Bites-from-Nowhere can accompany you. Both are capable warriors and can back you up if things get unruly."

"Other than that, you may approach them as you see fit. And I don't mean only in the short term. From now on you are in charge of diplomacy, including strategy and implementation. Just run any alliances or accords you reach by me, and make sure they are to our advantage. I don't want to be running off aiding every dysfunctional pack in the region while our territory festers and rots."

"While you three are at the tur, Keys, Bodycount, and I will go to this quarry and check it out. Sound good, everyone?" Snow looks to each of them, though the question is in fact rhetorical.

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.