Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

walk in Fremont Park

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew enters Fremont park and heads straight for the picnic tables, keeping to the shadows. I don't know where that howl came from, or even whether it was Forsaken or Pure, but there's a slim chance that they might come here.

((Urhan form))

John was growing restless. After Taylor called off the party he drove around a bit before going home and drinking a beer before bed, and one for breakfast, and then another, and then the rest. But that was a while ago and he`d heard little from them since. What the hell was going on? he hadn`t even got Taylor`s address.

Going to the Tur he was just plain edgy and was tempted to break something, but that place always seemed to ease him somewhat. Maybe it was the chance of an encounter with another Garou, maybe it was the history of violence there that was drawing him in his wrath... maybe he`d drop by the corner store for a bottle of malt liquor. Why could corner stores sell anything stronger? a bottle of bourbon or mash whiskey would do better.

John swung by a liquor store just before closing and caught a bottle of whiskey with a smile. It had a cork in the bottle, he liked that. He parked his bike and pulled the cork out with his teeth. Spitting the seal and wood, he chugged back some of the amber fluid. Whistling out the fire from his throat, he dismounted his bike and wandering into the park.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Moon is new
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew catches sight of John and reverts to Hishu. He quickly hides his halberd in some undergrowth before a human can happen by and start asking questions. Then he calls him over. "Did you hear that howl earlier?"

John looks at Matthew and arches an eyebrow before taking a swing.

"nope. did they say something important?"

Firebringer

PRE

"The howl came from the north, and it sounded like they were laying claim to territory. I don't know whether it was Forsaken or Pure, but definitely a pack of them. I think it's more likely to be the latter, though. To get there, they would have had to travel through Pure territory, and I doubt a pack of Forsaken would have made it through unmolested." [color=#bfbfbf:itmwqf69]Matthew sighs.[/color:itmwqf69] "Unfortunately, I really have no idea where they are, aside from the general direction."

The next swallow went down wrong. It burned, making John cough ferociously.

"EHemmm... ihhh ihhh... WHOOO! That's some good stuff... Pure laying claim, eh? I say we push 'em back or at least scout it out. I didn't think that the pure were on this side of the river, and if them or anyone were gonna lay claim like that, they're either powerful, arrogant, or stupid. I've seen some turf wars in my days on the beat, an I'm not so sure about in the world o' Urathas, but in most cities you don't just plant a flag next to hostiles without some show of muscle first. So I'm inclined to think that the pack is either arrogant or stupid."

With that John nods and winks, before going back to sucking on his glass teet.

Firebringer

PRE

"Easy there. I said it's more likely that they're Pure, not that it's certain. There is still the potential that they could be on our side, and given the situation, I would hate to turn a potential ally into an enemy. But if they are Pure ... " Matthew trails off, thinking of his dream of the other night.

Finally, he shakes his head. "No, it doesn't make much sense. It would have to be a swift strike, ..." He breaks off, realizing that John can't know what he's talking about. "Sorry, I need to explain myself. The lunes occasionally send me prophetic dreams, and I had another one the other night. The enemy's sword was thrown into our midst, and the sounds of battle followed almost immediately. The thrown sword, I think that would have to be a swift attack, with little warning. This may yet be another pack of Forsaken."

"I don't know much about prophesies or dreams" said John with a shrug "But that seems fairly straight forward. I wonder if there's been any attacks against other forsaken. Either way, that howl should be checked out, for friend or foe. Maybe we could round up a few more people, or simply howl back."

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew's voice gains a measure of intensity that surprises even himself. "You wonder whether their have been attacks. You've just hit our biggest problem on the head. Since I came to Sacramento, one of the common elements through my dreams has been an emphasis on the separation between us. In fact, the only time I know of that the packs have actually communicated was when Taylor called a meeting between the pack leaders, and I've been here nearly three months now. If there had been attacks, I'm not sure any of us would even know, let alone be able to help. And the attacks will come, soon, if they haven't already started." Matthew takes a deep breath, slowly calming himself down. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't vent at you. It's just so frustrating, seeing this weakness and not being able to do anything about it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.