Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Got a Hill and a Hole to Dig

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Now, where the Beaver Cleaver should we start diggin' from? Ruby puzzles. Straight down's a fool's errand, roof'll cave for excitement of havin' company after so many centuries. Best take it at a diagonal...
    Ruby paces around the girth of the hill.
    It'd be bees knees if they could bump onto an outlyin' tunnel, but could it have killed these dummies to have put a door into their cave?

She sighs, hoping that the Captain might have some suggestions.

K
    Kai

((I'm going to skip the die rolls, except one))
    I need perception checks from both Ruby and Captain.

K
    Kai

After looking at the hill for a while, both Ruby and Captain notice on thing. There's not just a lack of grass, but a lack of plant life, and any other base life forms on the hill. In fact, they feel an overwhelming desire to go somewhere else themselves.

Eventually they find an area on the east side of the hill area that looks to be a series of barely exposed stones, and it doesn't take much imagination to fill in the covered parts and imagine it to be a sandy covered archway.

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Okay then. Now how did we miss this? We swept up and down this hill plenty of times already..." Ruby hems and haws, hands on her hips.

"And are you getting that unwelcome feelin'? Like the hill ain't happy we're on our way in? I swear, I could give it fifty fifty that soon's we pop th' cork we wake some ugly incarnation of ancient evil." She winks at the Captain, but her voice betrays that it's not much of a joke.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Thats what the navy's for ma'am. Large holes in bad guys. And transportation on the high seas. And brute labor as called for. You've got shovels right? lets start digging."

He and the Crew get to digging out the archway.
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

K
    Kai

It takes a while, and for some reason you want to start chanting in Farsi and watch out for Nazis, but the coolness of it fades as hands begin to blister and the initial adrenaline wears off. After several hours of digging, the crew finally comes to what appears to be a stone door, as the sand is cleared away, there are worn away runes and Atlantean Script. Though you can't make out much, there is one that parts can clearly be seen. " destroy the .... I must b... the monster If this door is .... closed i ca.. return in my new fo.. and was unable to de... it."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Destroy the tomb; I must bury the monster. If this door is not closed, I can't return in my new form, and was unable to defeat it. When is a time mage when you need one." Captain shakes his head.
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

K
    Kai

((I want to point out that the number of periods does not necessarily represent the number of 'blanked' letters))

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Ruby sets down some bottled water for Captain and his crew. It wasn't very cool, but it was exactly what they needed now that the heat of day is beginning to bear down.

"We're really making good time!" She beams as she unrolls her brushes and tiny picks to painstakingly clean and uncover the stone archway and its script.

Seeing the runes Captain makes his best guess, and Ruby has to admit it's a pretty good one.

"You figure that's what it says? I think you're pretty close, let me just clear a little more dust first..."

The Mystagogues had taught her one or two tricks for reading carved script. Charcoal rubbing was a good one, so after the section of wall is as clean as possible, she presses a sheet of paper against the stone and rubs it down with the charcoal.

03-24 15:38:52 Ruby rolls 4 dice to Dex+Academics-1 (unskilled) 1 success

Hmmm... at least I managed to get the runes we could read already...

K
    Kai

Ruby thinks the first part says "To destroy the Monster" not Destroy the Tomb, she also reasons that she doesn't think the "b" word is bury....There's also mention later of a "central" stone, but nothing else discernible.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread