Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Bumming around at Edna's

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Edna shook her head, hair tossing to and fro, before digging around in the top drawer behind the desk. "No, I'm afraid not, my dear. If you're interested though, I'll have lunch ready soon." She then turns to Grobbler and blows the hair out of her face, "You're welcome to join him, dear. Always a free meal for you here."

"Damn. Guess I'll grab some lunch, just have to eat quick..." Samuel looks over at Grobbler as Edna turns towards him, then looks back at her. "Have to head over to Four Seasons, try and track down the boss so I can keep making rent."

Deciding there's nothing better to do than chat idly while he waits for lunch, he faces Grobbler. "Well, looks like I'm not the only Ogre around today. Don't think I've seen you before, the name's Samuel Stoneheart."

Pryderi turns looks at where he threw the flier and back at Grobbler, chuckling at the joke made by the Ogre.

"Hehe, yeah, a little unfair, just a silly and naive mistake I made. Thought I knew the best way to meet others of our ilk. I was very mistaken."

Running his hand through his hair, Pryderi looks over at Edna, saying politely and with the upmost respect, "No thank you Edna. A kind offer but I have a place to stay. I just wanted to thank you for allowing me to put that silly letter on your notice board." Then, a flash of an idea came to Pryderi's face, a smile forming. "Maybe, I could join you for lunch, though. We could find out more about each other before going on to the freehold. Facing changeling politics on an empty stomach can be quite intense," chuckling as he says the last part, his Welsh tones rushing the words into a song-like quality.

And now it's starting to be too many faces and too many questions.

"Edna, really thanks for the offer but I've got a pretty good place to stay these days. You ever need a helping hand around the place though, you just say."

"Listen guys, uh Sam? Sam is it? (yea man, good to meet you) Me and Fyontee are probably gonna head over to the Seasons."

"Dunno about him, but I'm gonna grab a couple of beers after."

Grobbler's tone changes drastically as he greets his fellow Ogre, and their eyes meet for a moment in understanding. If the unspoken was put to words, it'd say I know what you've been through man, none of these pretty boys get it, but you and me man? We've been through hell and back...

"May I accompany you and your colleague to the Four Seasons, Mr. Grobbler?" Pryderi enquires.

He knows what it's like to have blood on your hands.

"I could use a drink, after I get done at the hotel," Samuel studies Grobbler's face for another moment, then frowns slightly as if confused. "So you with the freehold? I thought I knew most of their faces..."

He glances over at Pryderi at his comment about changeling politics. "I hear ya there. Sometimes I wish I coulda just skipped all the bullshit and straight joined the Knighthood. Summer's apolitical, my ass..."

Edna bends back down and gets back to cleaning out her cabinets behind the front desk, "Go along then dears, and make sure to close the door behind you." She looks up long enough to give Samuel a quick glance, and another phrase. "Just don't let Gav hear you say that, deary."

Pryderi looks at the gathering Lost and makes a simple suggestion. "So, not meaning to sound rude, shall we go to the Four Seasons together or individually?" He looks at his watch, "It just that the day's passing us by and I could do with a drink," wining towards Samuel as he says this.

(Apologies, it's just been awhile since Aluman said anything and I wanted to give him the chance.)

"Dunno, you'll have to ask Fyontee. But we probably can't take too many at a time. Maybe better if we see you guys there."

"Ready to roll, man?"

"Don't worry, I've said things that would be much worse than that for him to hear," Samuel replies to Edna with a short, somewhat bitter chuckle before turning back to the rest.

"I'm taking my own car, definitely."

He focuses on Grobbler and raises an eyebrow. "You didn't answer the question."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread