Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Bumming around at Edna's

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Grobbler had been skirting some dangerous territory... living in Sacramento for a few months without checking in with the Court, and worse, having sworn no oath to the Freehold!

At first it had been no big deal... but now he's been running into the Lost more and more, and he could swear that there's been traffic nearby his Hollow. Being on the wrong side of trust can be as good as a death warrant in some cities, and hell if he's going to risk that here.

Grobbler pokes his head in, looking to see if anyone he recognizes is here. His beaten corduroys and ratty plaid button up almost look more hipster than homeless today.

"Yo, Edna?"

Edna is bent over, cleaning out a shelf behind the desk of her boarding house, and she jumps up at the sound of her name, banging her head on the shelf just lightly. She turns, and rubs her head lightly, "Oh hello deary! What can I do for you?"

"Hey, I uh... you remember me right? Grobbler. I've been here once or twice a while ago.'" Grobbler's lanky frame strides in, voice like broken glass mixed in motor oil. "I know a lot of people tend to come to you when they have questions and stuff, so." He pauses as if he had not left a sentence unfinished.

"I need to check in with the Autumn Court and the Freehold but uh, I don't know who I should be talking to or where they'd be."

"Do you mind pointing me in the right direction?"

"Of course I remember you, deary!" She smiles that big smile of hers, and then digs around in a drawer behind the desk, "Aha! Here it is! You'll want to visit the Four Seasons hotel, sweetheart. It's not far from here, just off the highway."

"Thanks." Grobbler offers gruffly, and scrapes together three quarters of a smile in return.
    "Who should I be asking for? Or will they just find me...?"

Silently, Grobbler curses to himself at the prospect of dropping the bus fare... he'd allocated most of the week's petty cash to malt liqueur, and he was stretched pretty tight ever since the Vets started pushing in on his rounds.

But it can't be helped, he needs to get on the radar before he becomes a surprise.

He tries to cheer up a little for Edna's sake, she really does seem like a generous person.

Fionntan comes walking into the boarding house with a broad grin on his lips a large box balanced on one shoulder marked with the emblem of the five leaf clover, as he walks, he blinks once and smiles Grobbler, though he doesn't know the man yet, turning to Edna

"Brought you a case of the Emerald Isle, for some reason its aging process took a little longer than I expected, but its ready now, and about time if I say so myself. he states with a soft wink.

"And they come bearing gifts..." Grobbler chuckles.

Curious, he inquires "So, you brew it yourself? Whiskey?"

Case like that draws a man's attention.

Fionn winks at Grobbler "Aye, no quicker way to a person's heart than with a good brew, though this be not Whiskey, its mah specialty for spring, Emerald Isle Ale..."

Opening the case he flicks a bottle to Grobbler "On the house..."

Edna smiles, and wipes her big brow with a handkerchief. "Just bring it on through to the kitchen, deary."

Fionn nods, as he makes way to the kitchen winking at Grobbler as he goes, putting the bottle away and taking the winter selection out "I am reclaiming your unused Winter stock Edna."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread