Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
I'll Be There For You (ATTN: All Changelings)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

The Empty Orchestra is a busy little Japanese restaurant and Karaoke bar that Pryderi enjoys coming to on a regular basis, even taking to the stage when the need suits. It's just a shame he can't sing any of his own songs but since they have a wide enough selection, the Muse never finds it difficult to find the right song for the right moment; not hard for a Courtier of Spring.

However, as nice as it was to be surrounded by mortals who desired him, Pryderi felt it was time to either join a motley or if that wasn't happening, form one of his own, hence the flier at Edna's place. He felt that something was missing from his life, a social group he could call family, a word he hadn't used for a long time.

So, taken the stage once again, Pryderi flicked through the machine and smiled when he saw a song he felt appropriate, cheesy but cheerful with a tad of bitterness and stuck in the heads of millions. With mic in hand and not needing to even look at the screen to know the words, Pryderi began to sing while keeping an eye on the door for any signs of fellow changelings.

"Hi folks, me again," Pryderi said to the bar, feeling the lust roll from some of the patrons. "Here's a song for those who sometimes need some friends." Letting the music start and wishing he was playing his guitar himself, Pryderi began to sing.

"So no one told you life was gonna be this way, Your jobs a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A..."

~CODA~
    Pro 1, SL 4 (Edgy, Ostentatious)

The 80's hair band wannabe wandered in as the man on the stage was prunning his sad and angry song. 'Must have been stood up, or left yeah looking at him she left him....poor sod'. Lucky had told me to come out and enjoy myself...I wanted nothing of it I wanted to stay home......sitting in a booth I go through the little machine and find the song...yeah that will do....once the pretty boy got down a couple others got up but none sounded as good as the first....then my turn

Ooh, it must be magic
    How inside your eyes, I see my destiny
    And every time we kiss, I feel you
    Breathe your love so deep inside of me
    If the moon and stars should fall
    They'd be easy to replace
    I would lift you up to heaven
    And you would take their place

And I saw red when I opened up the door
    I saw red, my heart just spilled onto the floor
    And I didn't need to see his face...
    Cause I saw yours
    I saw red and then I closed the door
    And I don't think I'm gonna love you anymore

And every day I wake up
    I thank God that you are still a part of me
    We've opened up the door to it
    So many people never find the key
    And if the sun should ever fail to send its light
    We would burn a thousand candles
    And make everything alright

And I saw red when I opened up the door
    And I didn't need to see his face...
    Cause I saw yours
    And I don't think I'm gonna love you anymore

I've been hurt, I've been blind
    I'm not sure that I'll be fine
    I never thought it would end this way

Cause I saw red when I opened up the door
    And I didn't need to see his face
    Oh, I saw yours
    And I don't think I'm gonna love you anymore...

Yeah... ooh, it must be magic...

As he got down the Horriable off key singing ended but Coda seemed oblivous to this fact as his face gleemed with the pride of a wonderfull rendition of a ballad he had just sung for them.....

Taking a seat by the bar, Pryderi cringes with every verse at the guy who just got up on stage.

Maybe I could teach him a few things; like keys for a start, he thinks, chuckling at his own joke.

Taking a sip of his cheap bottled lager, Pryderi looks around the bar but still nothing.

Tiffany wandered into the bar, her hair hanging down in various curls as she takes a look around. She didn't often come to bars, public image and everything, but she felt like it might be a good idea tonight. Relaxation was key, after all. She was wearing a rather fanciful dress this evening, something out of her special closet; a red number with a lot of extras.

She settled in at the bar, the grey hue of mist surrounding her almost hiding her until she settled it down into a slight haze at her feet, and ordered a rather fruity looking drink. She grinned at the latest song spinner, and then took her drink as she walked up towards the stage. Tiffany stood on stage, and nodded to the DJ, before she began singing a rendition of Samain Night.

When the moon on a cloud cast night
    Hung above the tree tops' height
    You sang me of some distant past
    That made my heart beat strong and fast
    Now I know I'm home at last

You offered me an eagle's wing
    That to the sun I might soar and sing
    And if I heard the owl's cry
    Into the forest I would fly
    And in its darkness find you by.

And so our love's not a simple thing
    Nor our truths unwavering
    Like the moon's pull on the tide
    Our fingers touch our hearts collide
    I'll be a moonsbreath by your side

~Narration~

As Tiffany sings, the entire crowd seems to stop whatever it may be doing at the time; the beautiful voice seems so out of place for such a nightclub. The singer doesn't even notice as she immerses herself in the performance, her eyes glimmering as the notes and words spill from her lyrically.

Not at first noticing the woman as she took to the Stage, Pryderi almost dropped his drink as his poise went out the window at the beauty of this new performer. As she sung, his heart fluttered with both love and hate, for such things come natural to the Muse with every second. Standing without removing his gaze, Pryderi moved to stand at a place where the singer could see him oce she left the stage.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin enters and skips right past the bar, going straight for the DJ. If what the soverign told him was true...
    "Oh Come on! You don't have it?" He asked. "Fine then, keep it quite, and I'll sing it all myself." He grinned broadly, and strode onstage. It was a good song to start with. He shakes his head a little, and then picks up the microphone. He dances along with the song, moving across the stage, vibrantly showing what he sings.

Oh I come from a land, from a faraway place
    Where the caravan camels roam
    Where it's flat and immense
    And the heat is intense
    It's barbaric, but hey, it's home
    When the wind's from the east
    And the sun's from the west
    And the sand in the glass is right
    Come on down
    Stop on by
    Hop a carpet and fly
    To another Arabian night

Arabian nights
    Like Arabian days
    More often than not
    Are hotter than hot
    In a lot of good ways

Arabian nights
    'Neath Arabian moons
    A fool off his guard
    Could fall and fall hard
    Out there on the dunes

He sings rather well. Not perfectly, but surprisingly well for a guy with no shoes and a haphazard look to him. In fact, in the light, it seems he does transform into the street rat Alladin for brief moments. (does not conceal mein) He walks offstage, and heads to the bar, ordering a pepsi.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Tiffany steps off the stage before Al-Adin steps on, and gives him a wink, and then looks over to the muse who stands beside the stage. Her voice continues to almost roll from her tongue, "Good evening, kind sir."

The haze around her is almost like a fog machine at her feet now, which she waves away with a whisk of her hand. "Looking for a request?"

Raenette Roe had arrived at the Empty Orchestra with a tiny entourage of gormless, fuzz-chinned youths she'd met at the place she pretended to work at. She was dressed in jeans that were a little too tight and sheds two layers of hoody, as she takes a seat, to reveal a tacky low-cut top with little bits of mirror sewn into it, like a cheap mosaic. One of the kids she'd come with asked her what she'd like to drink and found himself ignored as Raenette's eyes dart about the bar, catching a few like her. She mumbles her choice and watches the performers, sipping drinks and clapping politely as she ignores the dorky retinue braying for her acknowledgement and approval. Once she gains enough confidence through combination of alcohol and encouragement, from sycophantic hangers-on, she takes the stage and delivers her rendition of what she feels is the right song for the right moment. It's punctuated by a few tipsy giggles of embarassment, but she carries the tune competently enough.

Wake up you sleepy head
    Put on some clothes, shake up your bed
    Put another log on the fire for me
    I've made some breakfast and coffee
    Look out my window what do I see
    A crack in the sky and a hand reaching down to me
    All the nightmares came today
    And it looks as though theyre here to stay

What are we coming to
    No room for me, no fun for you
    I think about a world to come
    Where the books were found by the golden ones
    Written in pain, written in awe
    By a puzzled man who questioned
    What we were here for
    All the strangers came today
    And it looks as though theyre here to stay

Oh you pretty things
    Dont you know youre driving your
    Mamas and papas insane
    Oh you pretty things
    Dont you know youre driving your
    Mamas and papas insane
    Let me make it plain
    You gotta make way for the homo superior...

She returns to her seat, intending to get as many free drinks and rides as she can out of her aquaintances.

Sybil sat quietly at one of the tables, smiling to herself. She didn't go out much, but since someone had placed a flier at Edna's, she thought she might go out. Holding her glass of water and swaying to the music, she couldn't help but feel better than she had since she returned from the hedge. Maybe there was something to this companionship thing after all. She tugged the bandanna tighter to her forehead, and glanced around the crowd, wondering if anyone she knew was here.

Bill Slade came down to the Empty Orchestra that night for a good night out. He had seen the flier at Edna's and thought that, while he was not musically talented enough to join the main stage festivities, he could at least have some good atmosphere. Not all Winter courtiers were gloomy gusses after all, and hey, enough skilled Lost were showing up that the music was actually pretty good (though that might be an understatement).

He steps up to the bar, hoping for a drink. Given that it was a Japanese restaurant, he wasn't sure whether or not they carried any American alcohol. All he really wanted was a beer. Do the Japanese have beer? They must! It's only been around for almost 6000 years, he thinks to himself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread