Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 13
DISPLAYED
Is this the place for training motages?

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Connor cocked his head. Wasn't it obvious? He was a weakling. Connor knew it and hated being this way. What was hard to understand about wanting improvement?
    "I want to get better at fighting." he said like that was explanation enough. Of course he had already said that Nightfall probably wanted to know more. "I'm not exactly the examplar of physical skill."
    He saw Nightfall had picked up a practice blade. "I don't want free charity lessons though."

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall turned and gave Connor a quizzical look.

"I've had a lot of things taken from me. I actually enjoy being able to give something, rather than just having it taken. It represents a choice, and a freedom. Self sacrifice and generosity are things they know nothing about." Nightfall stepped closer, so that he could look Connor in the eyes.

"So if I choose to be charitable, it reminds me of who I am, it reminds you of who you are, and lets them know that some things can't be taken," he concluded. The whole bit was delivered with his head slightly cocked, and a questioning look in his eyes. It was as much of a statement as it was a question: This is who I am -- who are you?

Sure it might sound good but you should earn what you get through personal self sacrifice, not that of others. It was meaningless otherwise. Charity didn't remind him of who he was if he was on the recieving end. It felt like he was cheapening and cheating himself.
    He looked at the practice blade. As much as he wanted to learn and become stronger, he wanted to earn it through the strength he he could put into it, not because someone felt sorry for him. He wasn't sure Nightfall would understand that though.
    "Thanks, that's very generous," he said "but I think I'll come back when I can pay."
    As he prowled out of the dojo he didn't feel any more physically powerful but he did feel stronger.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread