Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Girl Talk II

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Anywhere in particular you want to go?" Ishani asked as she walked with Cassandra.

"I've been mainly studying,"
    she admitted, answering the previous question. She turned and gave a last look at Court, a slightly annoyed look on her delicate features. At times she suspected Sacramento had some sort of underground reputation as being a Mecca for attractive women.

"After the Oracle left, most of the Dragons were left to their own devices, as far as focus goes,"
    Ishani elaborated. The irritation tinged her tone, but whether or not it was at Court, or the new head of the Dracul, was unclear.
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

S
    Sandman

She waited until they were away from court then stepped close enough to Ishani to lean against her a little bit. Shrugging her shoulders softly at the question.

"Hmmm. I don't really have anywhere special in mind Ishani. We can go somewhere you like if you want or I can show you the little shop front I'm buying for the Gallery. It's right in Mr. Clarke's area afterall."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani slowed slightly, to match the shorter woman's stride. "That sounds like a good idea -- is it in walking distance?"

Walking distance, of course, being more subjective to the dawn than anything else -- but it didn't mean either of them might not want to traipse all over town in Court clothes.

Then she thought of something, and turned to ask another question.

"It's not in West Jackson?"

An Invictus Regency would seem the most likely place...

...wouldn't it?
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

S
    Sandman

She miles jsut a bit at the question of walking distance.

"Oh I think we can make it there just fine before we have any worries. Granted it might be quite the trek in heels."

Then she almos stops at the second question. Taking a moment to look at Ishani and try to read her thoughts might be for a moment as she chose how to word her answer.

"Let's jsut say that I didn't find it suitable and I don't find myself wanting to be in the position of being any more indentured into the service of Lord Culler than necessary. I don't find it agreeable to my current motivations."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

As with so many other facets of the Requiem, all lights cast shadows. And so the events that had spared her and Asa the usual Invictus experience had, as well.

Blunt as ever, Ishani spoke frankly. "It's very strange, and hard to consider," she said, gesturing as if trying to grasp words, "When I know Arnold in such a... different... set of circumstances."

Looking over, Ishani smiled sympathetically. Of course she realized Cassandra may have attached herself to her out of survival instincts, or simply to attempt to manipulate the Prince's lover.

Still, she reminded her of Kira DuVois in some ways.

Ishani continued to look at Cassandra to see if she would elaborate on her motivations.
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

S
    Sandman

"I'm sure you've seen many of his faces." She shrugs softly and looks over the street and then back to ishani.

"But I'll help you consider what I mean. There are 3 powerful people in the Invictus as you know. At this time in my position I don't find it helpful to me to do anything that makes it look or forces me to support one of those people over the other while ties and collaborating isn't out of the question either. At the same time if I am to put myself into a position of clearly siding with one over another or be forced to side with one because of various reasons. I would much rather it be the Lady Twist. She's the soundest choice of anybody and she's family."

She slips her arm around Ishani's as she speaks and starts to lead her towards the place that she was looking to put her gallery so they weren't just standing there and drawing attention to themselves unnecessarily.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

The Shadow stiffens for a fraction of a second as Cassandra takes her arm, but begins walking with her as she relaxes. While Twist certainly had her public displays with her other lovers, Asa and she never had. Yet, this wasn't Court.

She nodded at Cassandra's reasoning, having mixed feelings about offering an opinion. Each of the Millarrs, and the House, was intertwined with the Invictus --and it's members-- in ways she doubted Cassandra knew.

"Family is a good choice,"
    she finally agreed. "And opening this gallery ought to be a feather in your cap. What about recruiting some of the Unaligned?"
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

S
    Sandman

She pointed out the directions they needed to go as they walked and had their conversation. Taking her time since she wasn't in a real hurry for the evening and liked spending time with Ishani.

"Recruiting could be a possibility but I don't think the atmosphere is right for doing it too boldly right now. We have a long time afterall so right now i think it's best just to take it slow. feel people out. See how they can be swayed in how they think. Being Active and bold in recruiting can just get too messy honestly and I don't think we have the presence to really solve problems if it comes to that."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

After the covenant wars following Straiphen, and then Freddrick's rule, they had faded into the background in Sacramento. Not that Ishani particularly wanted to relive that, but they also provided structure for neonates. Although she wasn't the Sheriff any longer, it still bothered her to think of aimless Kindred running around.

"Ok,"
    she said, smiling, a smile that didn't agree, but agreed not to press the issue.

"I've heard rumors that Ciara is thinking of opening some sort of art house as well."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

S
    Sandman

She nods her head softly. "Well that being said and the pleasant enough smile. If you do find some that have some interest in art. Not just the traditional but the many forms of paint and canvas as it were. Feel free to send them my way and we will see what happens."

Then at the further information she sighs softly. "Well that is unfortunate. that would potentially make her a competitor. She always seemed nice enough. I'd been hoping at some time I'd get to sit down with her and we could be friends."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread