Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(1012) Eternal Court IX

Page 5 of 19 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last
    C
    Conner Greyson

"That would be most agreeable." Conner said, "Thank you Keeper Villiers. I look forward to our meeting." Conner said, not finalizing the conversation but leaving its future in the Woman's Hands.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara is silent for a moment, taking time to study the female Kindred. Normally she would be hesitant to bring one so... spirited into the Movement. But, it was in the spirit of openness she claimed to embrace. And having a Priscus, even if it were only the newest Gangrel one, would be a boost...*

*She smiles, brushing a wayward strand of dark hair back behind her ear.* Of course. Why don't you tell me what you heard about the Movement, and I can tell you the view from a member?
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

S
    Steven

"Like I said, not much, but what I do know is that They are about embracing change and organizing the Kindred against our enemies instead of squabbling against each other." Jillian says, "And that is something I can get behind. But again I am probably wrong."

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara has to fight back a small laugh at the other woman's description of the Carthians; but manages to keep a straight face.* I think you might have some of that confused with the Ordo Dracul, they are the ones that embrace change. Often for no reason but change itself...

I tend to view the differant groups as religion. The Sanctified and the Crone worship their gods, the Dragons worship knowledge, and the Invictus worship power. The Movement worships the individual. It is our belief that a member of Kindred society has worth for what they do, not what they know or how many servants they have.

Beyond that, it's hard to pin down one unifying concept for the Movement, every member has their own reasons and motivations for joining. Some, especially the younger Kindred raised here in America latch onto the idea of Democratic ideals. Others believe in a more communistic society, where the cities herds and havens are equally shared to make sure all have their basic needs taken care of. I myself see the Movement as an advocate for civil rights; protecting those who do by themselves do not have the power to protect themselves from older and more powerful Kindred.

Tell me, Priscus; what would you be looking for in the Movement?
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

S
    Steven

"The way you describe it sounds alot like the rule of the Maker. or whatever you want to call it. How if we embrace another we are responsible for em. That kinda deal. Civil rights, helping out the little guy. Just because someone has a shit ton of power doesn't mean they can just treat everyone like shit. They still have a responsibility to the younger kindred."

Jillian pauses for a moment. "That make sense? Sorry Ahm not as eloquent as yourself Harpy."

Player of the Month

Thomas O'Connor

Did someone not tell Chris that this whole Vampire Immortality thing comes with a bigger asterisk than Roger Maris' home run record.
    "Yes final death. He was a good man and died on an important investigation." Which is why I'm going to leave out the part about him having his head removed before the fight even really began and how those fucking things were feasting on his dead flesh when Amos and I put them out of their misery.

"
    As for the Lizard things I don't have any information on what's going on with them and with regards to the Freakshow candidates I don't know how many there are around the city. The ones at the Bypass that night were put down but I have never seen anything like those things before."

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny glances at Wooding, listening, then looking back at Thomas visually discarding Wooding like a cigarette butt or apple core. The slight twitch of his mouth at "dead dead" might even suggest he'd prefer the butt or core to the neonate.

Everything he heard, he filed away and considered the information until he spoke.

"What made you all look there? What led the investigation there?"

For the hand, and the fallen Haunt he didn't have anything to say. The hand would eventually regrow, and the Haunt had been foolish enough to squander immortality.
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

PRE

Thomas catches the little glance Lenny gives Chris and remembers just how dismissive the Daeva Myrmidon could be from his three previous encounters with the man. "We were continuing the investigation into the cause of the health situation in the city, Amos and Michael Hall had a lead that pointed to Capitol Park as the area where many of the kine had contracted the illness so Wyatt, Hall, Amos and myself went there to check it out. While there we found evidence that the root of the problem was at the Wildlife Bypass. Wyatt left and Regent Culler joined us for the sweep of that area. We fought the Morbus and it's freakish lackeys and defeated them."

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny raised an eyebrow completely fascinated by the situation.

On the one hand Arnold could claim he saved the Carthians to strengthen his bid for Sheriff and slander the opposing covenant. On the other hand the Prefect was the Harpy and if Thomas were to find her the story could be spun before Culler ever made it into Court. It would be interesting to see how it unfolded and who was willing to get dirty to get what they wanted.

Of course Thomas probably hadn't considered the situation but this was exactly why Lenny had tried to pin down Ciara on who the Movement would support for Sheriff in case something like this happened.

"You all have done a great thing," Lenny said sincerely. "It's acts like this that will validate The Movement and overshadow memories of past members' mistakes. You should speak to Harpy Maskelyne."

He hoped the other man would catch the hint of him using the Harpy title rather than the Prefect one.
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

PRE

Thomas was partly taken aback by Lenny's genial words but he knew he shouldn't be too surprised, whenever he thought he finally had the Daeva pegged the man always seemed to do something that made the Mekhet change his opinion. He heard the word Harpy and knew that the Myrmidon was right, the Movement had proved it's members were willing to assist with the defense of the Domain and that had to be worth something. "Thanks. I plan on speaking with her as soon as I can but I saw her walk off with the Gangrel Priscus. I'll try to get her attention when she returns."

Page 5 of 19 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last
Closed Thread