Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara leads the other Kindred female to what would soon be her office. She opens the door and holds it for Martha, waiting for her to step in before closing it.* You should have plenty of space to work in, I would suggest bringing your own furniture in to make yourself comfortable. Most nights are quiet; it's only when there is an impromptu crowd such as tonight that things become interesting...

*She motions for the younger Kindred to take a seat on one of the over stuffed leather couches on the right hand side of the office.* You seem the kind with many questions, Keeper Villiers. What would you like to know?
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha hobbles in, looks happily about the office space, nodding approvingly! Checks out the couch...nods meekly and carefully takes a seat, sitting to protect modesty...though with her long gymslip, that's not an issue really. She tries to sit to keep her very stiff leg out of the way too, shyly brushing at her hat and gymslip...then takes out a notebook from her satchel and cheap ballpoint pen from her blazer...begins making a few notes, smiling often!

"Ah! Thank you kindly, Madam Harpy! Thank you! Goodness...you have a comfy couch!" she giggles "I do indeed have many queries...many! My first would be, ma'am: what did you learn later, that you wish you had known at the beginning of your tenure in office as Keeper?"
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara takes her own seat, this time behind the massive oak desk in the center of the room.* Mmm, with all eternity before me, I find I place a premium on comfort. You should try my bed sometime; 75 years of searching for just the right one... *Whether it was a play on words or an honest pass, Ciara's sly smile reveals nothing as she quickly changes the topic to address the question.*

I think the most important thing to learn is this is a very singular position. And what I mean by that is most of your time will be spent by yourself. Dealing with Court events, making sure things run smooth, directing the new arrivals to the city to the Seneshal. I suggest having something to pass your time; I brought my modeling work with me. I had more than enough time to keep up with the required work. Do you have anything to occupy your time, Ms Keeper?
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha sits and listens...smiles meekly...she blinks at Ciara's sly smile and the mention of the bed...rubbing very hard at her stiff knee. Nodding as if to acknowledge the kind invite...but is too apparently perplexed to press the matter or provide an instant answer.

Smiles even more excitedly at the mention of all the free time..."Goodness, Madam Harpy! A model? How splendid! Yes...yes, I can see that you would be most excellent in that role, ma'am! Most excellent!" a happy, nervous, smile - and a more urgent rubbing of the unbending knee, "Hmmm...I daresay I shall have more than enough to study and rehearse to pass the time. Though nothing as delightful as your modelling, I shall not be idle, ma'am!" a happy, nervous, giggle, "I see, therefore, that this role is probably clandestine: there is, then, no overt command and control over the activity of the Kine employees at the three Elysia...or am I wrong in this assessment, ma'am?" Martha begins to consult her notebook and add neat annotations as she happily talks;

"My other initial questons are, ma'am: to whom can I turn here and at the other Elysia, for help in ensuring events run smoothly? How much latitude do I possess to re-decorate? Not that I would, I just wondered if I needed to seek permission from anyone if I did...Who are my subordinates? Are there regular events I must prepare for? If so: how do I prepare for them? Hmm...Do you have a list of contacts - Kine and Kindred - who require regular...er...gratutities to ensure their co-operation? And if so, who supplies this gratuity? Are there any troubles from mortals and mortal inspectors of health, police, etc...and do these gratuities satisfy them and maintain any alliance with them? Do I have control over any clandestine funds to ensure the Elysia are well supplied with all they need? If so, please may I see the accounts? Goodness...I am sorry, ma'am: quite the torrent of questions!" she says, looking up from her notebook between scribbling,
    Martha sits back...she'd suddenly offered a lot of questions...she had a lot more, but pauses, this was enough for now...rubs hard at her knee...watches Ciara with great friendliness.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara can't help her smile growing a little larger at the woman's complement.* I work with them, not that I am one. Our peculiar interaction with cameras would make that a little difficult. But I enjoy the work, and the people I meet... *Especially the people I meet...*

*Ciara continues to explain the in and out nightly workings of the Elysium, covering all the basics that the new Keeper would need to know to keep the place from burning down. At least for a little while.* Oh, and one thing I would recommend avoiding is grandiose displays. Apparently, a little bit of theatrical staging is frowned upon by the general population...

Martha Villiers

PRE

After listening carefully, asking additional questions...and generally being in 'attentive pupil' mode, an impression perhaps enhanced by her attire. Martha smiles a lot...takes lots of notes and seems extremely grateful to Ciara...at this last advice Martha nods again, wide eyed; "Goodness me, ma'am! Yes: I shall do all I can to avoid vulgar displays. Thank you for this guidance, ma'am...most helpful!" Martha seems very sincere in this, "I shall begin to implement some of my learning this evening...when things have stilled a while, of course. Hmmm...Do you think we ought to return to the Court? I daresay you will need to exercise your role as Harpy now! Naturally, ma'am, I shall help all I can!" Martha smiles happily at The Harpy, tucks her notebook and pen away into her satchel and carefully struggles off the comfy couch.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara nods.* I think you are right, Keeper. Lets see what everyone has been talking about in our absence...

*Close Scene*

Closed Thread