1 - 10
DISPLAYED
We hope you've enjoyed your stay

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus is lost in thought most of the way to the hotel, remembering his first day in the city. Cartwright's murder, the cloud of uncertainty hanging over a barely-formed Consilium. What had possessed the banishers to seek refuge in the very same hotel? Simple convenience, or something deeper? This city's changed me so much. I was whole then, unbroken. Now? Just beginning to find myself again. He brushes past Triquetra, giving her hand a quick squeeze as the group nears the entrance to the Bismarck. Maybe from nervousness, or perhaps just appreciating her presence. It's hard to say.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne notices the hand squeeze and slides up next to Animus shortly after it as they walk. "So these stones, they're going to burn brightly in the vision?"

Triquetra and Animus Triquetra and Animussss Fortunately the banter in her mind doesn't show on her face as she asks the sincere question.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus shakes his head, a brief flicker of emotion in his eye. "Don't count on it." A whole year, was it? "They kept it in a box on the mantle before, but that's probably changed. We'll just have to keep our eyes peeled once we've figured out where they're staying."

PRE

While Animus speaks with Ariadne, Joshua is having words with Technique. "Don't be a hero," he's saying to the young man. "Cover Ari while she finds out where our targets are, then help her get out. If luck runs out and they do find you and decide to engage, your objective is to get the two of you out safely. No offense, but you're outclassed."

He rubs his chin, looking up at the hotel, up at all those windows. They might be watched this very moment. "If you can't get out, just try to hold on. The tracker will be on you so if you're in trouble we'll be coming. And if it cuts out... well, we'll double-time. We clear?"

L

Triquetra grins slightly as she feels Animus's hand on her own, hips swinging to playfully bump into his own. The playfulness fades from her eyes, though, as talk turns to business. "So we don't know exactly what they look like, their size, or where they are; and we have no way of identifying them?"

Why did the Bismarck suddenly look like one giant haystack?

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus glances around briefly, making sure no passersby are too close before speaking. "They seem to be used to affect the routing of the ley lines. We might be able to track the stone down that way, also. In fact, that would probably make a good project for us while the other two are talking to people."

Technique

(OOC note: on a phone, cant copy/paste rolls i need to make. will be posting in the morning after my first class.)

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

The traffic in and out the hotel's main door is slightly higher than you'd might expect, with quite a few people leaving, rather than entering. Apparently the group chose to show up at check-out time. From their point of view, the Awakened can see that the lobby is busy. Busy enough that if it were to be taken as basis for the rest of the building, any sort of confrontation would involve Sleepers in less time than it takes to say 'cheese'. Or 'Paradox'.

The steady flow of people, from a couple of lone business travellers, to a few families, trickle out of the hotel and around the group, headed for their transportation. None of them really pay attention to the group, and it's easy to get privacy for a few whispered plans. Being entirely unseen, however, is quite another story.

Technique

Technique tried to prepare himself for what he was about to do. He was going into unknown territory, and one held by some scary people, from what Josh was telling him. So, concentrating slightly, offering up a small part of his pattern to the Supernal World - and feeling the pain of it getting drawn out of him. It was like every single organ in his body compressed down to the size of an atom, and then were wrenched apart like so many billions of pieces of confetti. "Ah....OliveroNorteestaputo!" he whispers painfully. "Sorry...that just, kinda hurt. But i hear what your saying, im not gonna be no hero, im just gonna try to keep me and the Herald safe until you guys can help."

He focuses his will, pulling from the supernal to give him the protection of time and the power to see the strings of fate itself.

LOL

Until failing miserably. Now, all he had was a headache and a lot of wasted time. Hopefully, this whole thing will go over better than he is expecting. Luck, it seems, has already completely abandoned the Talon.

PRE

Joshua nods, no stranger to the pain Technique would be feeling. "Good. You just watch yourself in there. There's too many people about, so we definitely don't want to be making a scene." And hopefully, they won't want to either. He slaps the new Arrow on the shoulder before moving towards Animus. "Sorry," he says, "Did you mention something about keeping us busy?"

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread