Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
Potluck-en It With Brother Lucas

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Was it something I said..? I hope he doesn't go busting the poor crane up before I get there... Xerxia thinks, shivering again after the cold-blooded beast had faced away from her.

Composing herself, the Fairest walks over to her King's truck. "Yes, sir?" she asks the metallic lion, a hint of apprehension visible in her face's features.

PRE

"We need to colaborate. To many things are happening at once." Is Rusts first reply. He pauses, sighs rubbing his temple. and starts again. "Alright, I need to know what you are up to. You found Swilla, but is that the end of your business? You and he seemed to have a lot to discuss." Rust holds up a clawed hand. "I'm not worried, I just want to be informed."

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia nods. "Of course, sir. Apparently, the person Swilla attacked was a Fetch, and it's likely there are more where it came from (if only just one), so we were going to investigate and handle it/them. Before we start on it, though, we're going to drop by Xian He's to drop off and pick up a few things..."

She looks back at the direction Swilla strode off toward. When the elf turns back, her face is rather grim. "Though... It seems that whatever Token the crane was looking over for Harvey wasn't supposed to be looked over or something... I fear that if I don't get to the shop before Swilla that things might turn ugly...

"The last I heard of our brothers,"
    the Sun's Tongue continues, "they were helping some other Winter with finding people that were kidnapping children via some sort of cursed doll or action figure. I haven't heard from them in a while, though, so I don't know if they completed their quest or not."

PRE

Rust's brows furrow. "Which brothers. Faith and Spartan are in the hedge. Marcus and Fu?"

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

"Actually, it was Spartan, Fu, and that Grunt... Which would probably mean that the job is done if the others are off doing their own thing."

PRE

"Or that Spartan needs backup. I have a bad feeling. I must tell you this though. Brother Lucas recited to me a passage from his book. A Prophecy."

Rust speaks the foretelling as it was given to Xerxia.
    When the False Prophet has fallen, the Four Beasts shall appear, but none shall recognize them. The Serpent shall poison the Garden, but It shall be slain and cast out. Demons shall walk the earth in human form. They will threaten a child lost to Darkness, but he must find Faith to defeat them. And in these End Times, the Dragon shall walk among us, and then shall Hell be loosed upon the earth.

"What do you make of it?"

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia thinks for a bit, sometimes asking for Rust to repeat it again before giving her take.

"Well, if we want to take this prophecy thing seriously, this 'False Prophet' sounds like that guy from the Bloom residence with markings all over him. That third part about Faith and a child sounds similar to that Owen kid you guys were dealing with.

"As for the Beasts and Dragon... Well, I only really know that if there were any Dragons walking among us, they'd be of the Fairest Seeming. Probably a smooth-talker and, if my old gaming experiences serve me right,"
    the elf shivers to shake off the rage building inside her, "very Prideful or Greedy.

"But~, I for one believe that prophecies are only as real as you make them. You know, with free will and all. Nobody's forced to follow a prophecy, it's just that outside influences might make it more likely to happen. It's more of a warning, in that sense, I guess: something to watch out for if the conditions are met, but mutable from the prophesied ending."

PRE

Rust listens and onsiders her reply. What was striking was how close to Lucas' interpration she was. "I think we are seeing the prophesy unfold. And I'm not going to wait before we act as a Court. I want the highest among us to plan out a way to locate and map every Hedge gate in the city."

"I want to know who is using them and how they are opened. No more attacks without our knowledge. I also want Faith to stand on a constant vigil over this Owen kid. We can't stop it, but we can out last and survive it head on."
    Rust delivers his orders slowly, each sentence deliberate. "Every Summer Courtier will status with me at least once a week. The more then better. If they can't make a phone call, I'll make a house call." Rust zeros his focus on Xeria. Cat eyes piercing her own deeply. She was included in all of this.

"Summer is marching for a Cold War. Best get ready and sleep with a knife under your bed roll." Rust blinks and suddenly grins wide, looking out into the growing night. "Maye I should be telling this to everyone in person. If you run into anyone. Pass this on. Thanks Xerxia." Rust nods for her to get a move on, but waits before leaving himself to watch her leave.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

"Understood, sir," the elf replies with a short, respectful bow. "Drive safe."

With that, she turns around and heads to her apartment to prepare for her visit to Xian He.

Very Nice Scene

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread