Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Basketball and a Blood

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Technique

Technique pulls the Caddy Deville into the parking lot, turning the bass down to a low rumble. He had found the basketball easy enough - as luck would have it, some kids had left one at the court in Kennedy Park. Luck...just followed him, not that Technique minded. Technique was dressed in red basketball shorts, a white wife-beater, and a red Red Sox baseball cap.

Aha, exactly 4:00. Punctuality....nice. he thought to himself, waiting on his First to show up.

PRE

Joshua sits on the hood of his car in a pair of blue sweats and a black t-shirt, a bottle of water in his hands. The car overlooks two basketball courts, one of which is used by two young men and their dad. Joshua watches the trio play, and looks over the park in a disinterested fashion while he waits for the new recruit to show up. He looks up at the Caddy; could this be the guy? They hadn't figured out any identifiers when on the phone; but that was always part of the test, wasn't it?

He gives the Sox fan a silent "waddup?" head nod.

Technique

Technique smiles, tossing the ball to Joshua. "You the first, 'migo?"

Technique

ooc

PRE

"That's me. What's your game, Horse or one-on-one?" Joshua asks, indicating the court as he slides from the hood of his car.

Technique

"One on one is fine. So..." Technique starts, looking around for Sleepers, and keeping his voice low, "Whats the situation with the Pentacle in this city?"

PRE

Joshua places his water bottle at the base of the hoop, wishing he knew the answer to that question himself. "You're looking at a heavy book and Arrow presence, plus some new Guardians. Almost no Freakouts, and the last Upright I knew of in the city joined the AA." He stretches his arms behind him; one elbow pops and he gingerly rubs it.

"Frankly, the city is a powder keg and we're just trying to keep the lid on. There's been some malcontents running around for two years now, putting some of us in the ground, and we have them on the run but they aren't over with yet. There's Seers in town but we've only ever identified one of them that I know of. Our opponents have a giant ley running through the city that they're using to feed some hinky-jinky magical mess but I haven't really been debriefed on that, so I don't have a lot of detail on it.

"That about covers the basics. Questions?"

Basketball: Let's say it's an extended contested roll. Each turn the players roll Dex+Athletics; if Offense (the player with the ball) gets more net successes than Defense, Offense keeps the ball. If Offense can score 5 net successes over Defense, Offense makes their shot, gets two points, and the players switch. If you get 5+ net successes in a single roll, that's three points. Make sense? It's open to tinkering.

Technique

sounds good to me

Technique dropped into a relatively untrained defense stance, keeping his body between Joshua and the net as much as he could, arms in the air, while still trying to maintain a remote conversation (and keep his 'opponent' and First distracted). "Seers, uh? I havent really had to mess with them yet, but i guess there is a first for everything"

PRE

Joshua bounces the ball once, twice, experimentally; getting the feel of it. Been a while, he thinks, before working down into a crouch and dribbling the ball for real. "The one we know of, he's a serious customer. Goes by the name 'Vector.' If you see him and you're on your own, you hide yourself and call for backup. I think he's an Obrimos, and its my belief he used to be an Arrow before he turned." Getting into the rhythm of the dribbling, Joshua tries to break around Technique's left side but finds the defense is too strong, and pulls back.

Still in play

Technique

Techniques guarded stance, however, has a terrible weak spot. It seems luck has finally abandoned him, as his loosely tied shoe strings came untied without his noticing. "Traitorous puto, can we not find him?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread